mv muffler

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

I want to mode my miss vegas stock muffler or header . how much should i cut off the muffler (1/2" ) maybe?. or do i shorten the header . After the last race i noticed that they rubed ends ?

I want to mode my miss vegas stock muffler or header . how much should i cut off the muffler (1/2" ) maybe?. or do i shorten the header . After the last race i noticed that they rubed ends ?
They need to be very close or the pipe should actually overlap the header. If there is space between the the pipe and header the rubber coupler will burn out from the hot exhaust.

The rubbing is OK.

Glenn

my muffler and header are rubbing so much that they are starting to mushroom the ends ? ok or try to cut shorter?

i heard some guys drill a 1/8 th hole in the end of the exhaust ,is this wright and what benefit does this have?

ive heard the same thing but the hole size varies,,,,, heard both 1/8" and ive heard 9/32"..... suppose to add some speed,,, so im assuming it lets the engine rev a little more........

i personally have no experience with either size........

alden

I have done this to mine... go through the stinger and drill a 1/8" hole in the center of the baffle inside the pipe. I haven't went any bigger with it, but I heard that if you go bigger than 1/8" then you loose too much back pressure.

Back