MONOS ARE DEAD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi every one this is Jimmy with twincraft boats.com

Monos are not dead here !!

but twincraft boats. is trying to make a come back after i had a devorce. the ex hurt the company bad. and a few coustomers. I know one that i owe a boat to. as i found out it never got to him instead it went to the dump i found out. sorry to that coustomer. it was a red a white boat. will try to make it right when i find the address and get a boat made. as no boats have been made for a year or better now. i been trying to get out of debit thanks to the ex. and have not had a place to make boats. the web site will be updated as i can get the site redone.

sincerly Jimmy

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy,

You and your wife had problems,that's your problem. You and I had a deal a little over 2 years ago,that's your's and my problem. I sent you the money on good terms and never got anything in return. I sent you e-mails,sent you a register letter,even called. So before you think about getting back into making boats,I would expect my $170.00 back that helped pay for your divorce. Does it sound like I'm mad you **** right I am,because you never had the decency to respond. I know over the last two years you proably have drank alot of beers,so before you lift another bottle,think about me. Here's my address and name so everyone in the world will see who you're dealing with.

PS Don't bother to make me a boat,you can also paypal me the money you still owe me.

Ed Mazzola

6218 Adams Ave.

Warren,Mi 48092

Hi every one this is Jimmy with twincraft boats.com

Monos are not dead here !!

but twincraft boats. is trying to make a come back after i had a devorce. the ex hurt the company bad. and a few coustomers. I know one that i owe a boat to. as i found out it never got to him instead it went to the dump i found out. sorry to that coustomer. it was a red a white boat. will try to make it right when i find the address and get a boat made. as no boats have been made for a year or better now. i been trying to get out of debit thanks to the ex. and have not had a place to make boats. the web site will be updated as i can get the site redone.

sincerly Jimmy

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy,

You and your wife had problems,that's your problem. You and I had a deal a little over 2 years ago,that's your's and my problem. I sent you the money on good terms and never got anything in return. I sent you e-mails,sent you a register letter,even called. So before you think about getting back into making boats,I would expect my $170.00 back that helped pay for your divorce. Does it sound like I'm mad you **** right I am,because you never had the decency to respond. I know over the last two years you proably have drank alot of beers,so before you lift another bottle,think about me. Here's my address and name so everyone in the world will see who you're dealing with.

PS Don't bother to make me a boat,you can also paypal me the money you still owe me.

Ed Mazzola

6218 Adams Ave.

Warren,Mi 48092

hey guys,i don't think monos will ever die out,20's to 90's,they are all fun,some a little aggravating,(like 20 monos in the wind)but,all are fun.thats what a hobby is all about,but with the challenge of improving all the time.me and my buddies here in knoxville practice every weekend,25degrees to 95 degrees we are there.we are dedicated r/c boat racers.

mark

Ed Mazzola

6218 Adams Ave.

Warren,Mi 48092

Thak you Ed. for the address.
Now please let get this post back on track.

Thanks Jimmy, glad to see it resolved.

Zamn , had to replace a stut yesterday and no chance to test before the Brandon 2 Day race, Hope I measured right !!!! Hate first heat testing.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I know I'm an electric guy, but you hurt my feelings saying monos are dead..

Mine just spoke to me this morning, and told me he was QUITE offended by this thread.. Just Kidding..

Stay right there, we have two men showing up to take you to a happy place..............

Mono's must be dead as Tom doesn't have a chatroom for us. :(

Mine just spoke to me this morning, and told me he was QUITE offended by this thread.. Just Kidding..

Wilmer , your WAY overdue for a trip down to Valdosta- I gotta know though, seeing how your monos are so small, do they have squeaky little voices too ??? LOL , See you in a few weeks at Blue Lake, Andy

Wilmer , your WAY overdue for a trip down to Valdosta- I gotta know though, seeing how your monos are so small, do they have squeaky little voices too ??? LOL , See you in a few weeks at Blue Lake, Andy

Sorry guy.. Oxidean won't be at blue lake until March..

would deregulating the hull rules a little help to stimulate some new growth on the mono front and allow some new boats to be built ??

i have always looked at the stepped monos as being the next level in speed and drag reduction , but our OZ racing rules stricly forbit it .

over here in oz , it seems to be seaducer racing with the odd insane,twincraft and arrowshark in the mix... most of the other boats are out there just i dont see them on the track ....

would lifting the rule on the mono classes to say it just needs to look like a mono help create new boats and intrest in the class.

i must admit my fav boat over the time was a 42 in seaducer with a cube in it , it was great to drive out on flat water , but not the best race boat to small and touchy ..

i am building a new 44 inch one , and will see if i get the same feeling of joy i got from m old one.

i am a little over the pull start boats ie zenoah "yank yank yank yank , spluter , and start boats" i have pulled my sholder out to many times with them and just like to use an electric starter , but again Oz rules dont like that ...

i see mono racing as far from dead , just limited for new ideas to skin the cat and increase speeds.

when i first looked into monos , esp gas ones , the boats were around 1500 au to get into and go racing .... now it seems that he 3K+ startup cost for a front runner would be a bit offputting ...

IF the boats are cheap you can rub race around the track , with a few grand on the nose , you tend to watch where you put it.

is mono racing getting to expensive and loosing some of the "fun"??

Jason

I know I'm a little frustrated with my 20 speedmaster. I have 7-8 hundred in it plus radio and still haven't been able to put it in a race. When I first got the motor (OPS) the skirt was broken on the piston and was laying in the bottom of the crankcase. sent the motor back and when it returned, the piston and sleeved seemed mis-matched and was VERY, VERY tight. after about a gallon of fuel it was broken in but just this past friday the piston shattered, destroying the sleeve and rod. And now I hear that OPs is not making or selling parts for a few months because of retooling. Not very impressed with OPS right now and not sure if I should spend any more money on it or just get rid of it for a loss.

would deregulating the hull rules a little help to stimulate some new growth on the mono front and allow some new boats to be built ??i have always looked at the stepped monos as being the next level in speed and drag reduction , but our OZ racing rules stricly forbit it .

over here in oz , it seems to be seaducer racing with the odd insane,twincraft and arrowshark in the mix... most of the other boats are out there just i dont see them on the track ....

would lifting the rule on the mono classes to say it just needs to look like a mono help create new boats and intrest in the class.

i must admit my fav boat over the time was a 42 in seaducer with a cube in it , it was great to drive out on flat water , but not the best race boat to small and touchy ..

i am building a new 44 inch one , and will see if i get the same feeling of joy i got from m old one.

i am a little over the pull start boats ie zenoah "yank yank yank yank , spluter , and start boats" i have pulled my sholder out to many times with them and just like to use an electric starter , but again Oz rules dont like that ...

i see mono racing as far from dead , just limited for new ideas to skin the cat and increase speeds.

when i first looked into monos , esp gas ones , the boats were around 1500 au to get into and go racing .... now it seems that he 3K+ startup cost for a front runner would be a bit offputting ...

IF the boats are cheap you can rub race around the track , with a few grand on the nose , you tend to watch where you put it.

is mono racing getting to expensive and loosing some of the "fun"??

Jason
Good post Jason, Are stepped hulls legal in NAMBA ?? Foregive my lazyness to drag myself to the Namba site and look for myself. lol . I never actually looked, just went out and got the fastest thing at the lake at the time-Seaducer . After watching Jerry run for a while , it seemed like a no brainer.

Dont give up on it Bill- Your 20 Mono is set-up Sweet . You have the identical boat to Otto's and it laid up perfect. Get your motor woes cured and you will be fine. I wish I still had the hyrdo now, you coulda used the Mac !! Sorry.

I replied to this today in my twin mono thread. Steps are technically legal in IMPBA if the step is no more than 15* from parallel with the keel. I plan to try a hull with these steps this winter. My main comcern is how it will handle in the turns, as the steps will be out of the water in the straights.

Back