ML310 build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good to me.If you already have it paned ithen disregard,but i would put a suport in for the stuffing tube.

I may put something closer to the motor,.. but I made an angled block, with a .25 channel in it.. then slide it up under the tube,.. then glassed it all to the tub floor.

here is an update,.. tanks in, flotation in,.. radio box built,..,.. I think I'm a little bit proud of my first sport hydro!!

IMG-20121004-00767.jpg

IMG-20121004-00760.jpg

IMG-20121004-00761.jpg

IMG-20121004-00762.jpg

IMG-20121004-00763.jpg

IMG-20121004-00764.jpg

IMG-20121004-00765.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be proud.You might flip the header and pipe.And run it thro the transom like a vagas.You can get the tubing they use from tower.Just serch Vagas then parts.

I plan to put the rudder on the same side I do the riggers,.. so I swapped it to the other side... thinking of going to the pond to run the rigger for a bit more break in... or test this new motor..

Oh then just run it staight out.You might get a hold of Alden costa he makes some neet alum out lets that gose through the transome

Looks like you have lots of room in that engine bay for the engine, pipe and header. I found a 4" bay to be very tight and did have to offset the engine to the left to allow room for a right side exhaust using the NR 21 5 port and 3280 pipe

guys,.. how do I get my exhaust to the transom?
Anthony, this carbon fiber tube is what I have started using, I used to make my own epoxy/glass tube, using a piece of aluminum pipe as my mold.

but the carbon is SO much easier. on a 21 I would use the 1/2" ID tube

I use the 3/4" for my sport-40's and scales

http://www.mcmaster....-tubing/=jlpwsf

If you would like pics of my setups shoot me a PM with an email address

One thing is what if you have a problem with one of the tanks?How you plan on getting them out.?And how much fuel compacity are thay?Lots of ? lol

do you use a coupler from the pipe to the telpipe pice?
Yes, on the smaller engines (21 & 45) I will cut a small piece from a Du-bro diverter http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD635&P=0 to slip over the stinger, they put a piece of exhaust coupler over it and the carbon tube

Example of one done with a home made epoxy tube http://ricksrcstuff.shutterfly.com/pictures/101

And another on a recent scale build http://ricksrcstuff.shutterfly.com/pictures/35

To see some build photos http://ricksrcstuff.shutterfly.com/pictures

it's very common to have the tanks on a scale or sport boat under the skin . You would have to take them out from the top or cut the inside of the stringer and then rebuild it later.. I doubt there will be any issues with the tanks..

I posted this in the other thread, I just wanted to make sure you see it before you skin the boat.

I can't tell from the pics, but they both need to be installed like the picture I sent you. Pressure is at the very top, fuel Outlet is toward the middle. My hopper tanks are true sealed tanks with a pick up feed in the bottom left corner. The internal hopper can be anywhere in the tank as long as the pick up is in the bottom left. I thought the bulk head was in the way of putting the outlet on the bottom. Thats why it's raised a little. If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks

Ryan

Getting close to finished.. here are the latest pics with cowl and paint. Isn't that cowl cool.. going get a windshield on it.. and maybe some decals.. Going to use the 2k clear coat tonight.. on the paint,.. it's just plasti-coat rattle can acrylic, then I'll cover with y2k clear from a can. since we found that y2k, the painting has been so much easier!!!

IMG-20121017-00788.jpg

IMG-20121016-00782.jpg

IMG-20121016-00786.jpg

Had the first runs on the boat today. Biggest issue was 18 mph winds.. but the water wasn't that bad. Second was a crazy leaky radio box. So I only got a few runs.

Here was the setup I ran today.

GP310

NR 5p stock.

AB Parabolic pipe

prather 220 prop,.. worked by be, reduced diameter... (looks good for a prop by me)

55% Bryons fuel

The boat was much lighter on launch than I expected,.Got on step in about 6-8 feet with a good toss. It's a change from rigger. The boat was sliding in the corners more than expected. Maybe I need more TF. CG is about 1.5 behind the sponson TE.

I had the boat maybe going about 45 today. Not very fast.. but even with the really rough water it didn't want to blow over. It lifted once or twice and setting back down.

Sport boats are cool... it was rough though. I could hear water hitting the hull alot. I'm going to try again tomorrow. I have a couple more props to try. The custom plastic tanks worked perfectly,.. I'm going to find the leaks in the radio box tonight..

Overall,. THe GP310 seems totally well suited for nitro.

Tomorrow Ill try a x442, back cut,. and a ABC 4052 I think,.. back cut as well.

No trouble at all on launch.. I thought it would be an issue.. none at all.. I'm sure I can pull much more prop!!

Latest posts

Back