Miss Vegas Conversion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

properchopper

Let me start off by apologizing for not posting this in the Electric section {please don't hurt me}, but after reading the highly informative threads on the MV builds on this forum, I'd like to share my enthusiasm for this great hull. I really absorbed the info here on the sponson mods, and may give them a go, although my totally stock hull [ badged as an Elam] seems to do alright as is, 'tho I may be giving away some top end. Funny thing is that I held the NAMBA P Sport Hydro 2-lap record with my H&M Shovelnose and knocked two seconds off that at the following race. For grins, I threw the MV in and knocked two seconds off that time ! Hull's totally stock except I modded the cowl front & rear for easier tapedown.

Vid was one of the first runs, now with newer batteries she's 3-4 mph faster.

DSC01192.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me start off by apologizing for not posting this in the Electric section {please don't hurt me}, but after reading the highly informative threads on the MV builds on this forum, I'd like to share my enthusiasm for this great hull. I really absorbed the info here on the sponson mods, and may give them a go, although my totally stock hull [ badged as an Elam] seems to do alright as is, 'tho I may be giving away some top end. Funny thing is that I held the NAMBA P Sport Hydro 2-lap record with my H&M Shovelnose and knocked two seconds off that at the following race. For grins, I threw the MV in and knocked two seconds off that time ! Hull's totally stock except I modded the cowl front & rear for easier tapedown.

Theres a guy on RCU that did the first FE miss vegas and its fast!!!!... No you should be alright.. its a RTR and cant see why this shouldnt be aloud in here..

Not sure if that one on RCU was the "first" but still it was slick. Your MV looks nice man! lets see some vid!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if that one on RCU was the "first" but still it was slick. Your MV looks nice man! lets see some vid!!!!!!!!!
opio clic on his youtube link... his is fast too ,but I think the guy on RCU is hair bit faster..but very close to eachother..but would like to know what motor ,battery,esc he has in it.. wouldnt mind doing that to that empty vegas hull I have..

opio clic on his youtube link... his is fast too ,but I think the guy on RCU is hair bit faster..but very close to eachother..but would like to know what motor ,battery,esc he has in it.. wouldnt mind doing that to that empty vegas hull I have..
What link? You didn't include one in your post.

The vid was done last summer when I was just testing out the build. Now with more prop & better batteries, the boat's a lot faster with WAY more prop to go. No gps, but my 31" Shovelnose with the exact same electronics did a flat 60mph at the L.A. SAWs last month & the Vegas is possibly a little faster. She handles so well that for now I'm leaving well enough alone & just having maximum grins [ until that annoying go-faster bug bites harder].

The setup :

Neu 1515 1Y / CC Hydra 240 with CC BEC / Turnigy 4S 30C 5000 mah 4S2P / Jeff Wohlt .078 wire drive & ball bearing strut

Again, I hope I'm not treading in the wrong forum, but Viva Las Vegas !!

The vid was done last summer when I was just testing out the build. Now with more prop & better batteries, the boat's a lot faster with WAY more prop to go. No gps, but my 31" Shovelnose with the exact same electronics did a flat 60mph at the L.A. SAWs last month & the Vegas is possibly a little faster. She handles so well that for now I'm leaving well enough alone & just having maximum grins [ until that annoying go-faster bug bites harder].

The setup :

Neu 1515 1Y / CC Hydra 240 with CC BEC / Turnigy 4S 30C 5000 mah 4S2P / Jeff Wohlt .078 wire drive & ball bearing strut

Again, I hope I'm not treading in the wrong forum, but Viva Las Vegas !!
Na to me your not..It's an RTR you just converted it over to FE..

Hj look at his first post.. clic on youtube in black bold letters.. its a link......

Watched the video finally, man every time I see a FE boat, makes me wanna build one lol! Nice video.

Watched the video finally, man every time I see a FE boat, makes me wanna build one lol! Nice video.
with my luck the dam thing would catch on fire on me... get that thing GPS... like to see how fast she is??

OTOH, every time I go to the lake with my FE boat, batteries, battery warmer, chargers, balancers, power supply for the chargers, and run for maybe 2 minutes in terror that I'm going to puff a $ 400 set of batteries, and watch the gas/nitro guys pump in some fuel and run until their hand gets tired from holding the Tx, it makes me think " Man, I gotta get me one of those" !!

OTOH, every time I go to the lake with my FE boat, batteries, battery warmer, chargers, balancers, power supply for the chargers, and run for maybe 2 minutes in terror that I'm going to puff a $ 400 set of batteries, and watch the gas/nitro guys pump in some fuel and run until their hand gets tired from holding the Tx, it makes me think " Man, I gotta get me one of those" !!
This guy comes to the lake and patiently waits until all of us gas guys finish messing up the water and when it calms down, he throws in his boats (6) and shows every one how slow they are. Tony's boat is fast and I was the one that took the video and it is faster now than when the video was taken. Richard.

This guy comes to the lake and patiently waits until all of us gas guys finish messing up the water and when it calms down, he throws in his boats (6) and shows every one how slow they are. Tony's boat is fast and I was the one that took the video and it is faster now than when the video was taken. Richard.
Hi Richard ! I'll be there tomorrow; bring your nitro Vegas & we'll have some fun !!

Hi Richard ! I'll be there tomorrow; bring your nitro Vegas & we'll have some fun !!
nitro VS FE vegas,who would win????? hummmmmmmm????? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back