Future of RC's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Bill. Bill has been very help in getting me all the hardware I have needed to setup both my boat as well as helping find people that can build stuff for my boat that I just don’t know how to do yet. People like Bill sharing there knowledge with new comers like myself is how you help and support a novice. Thanks Bill!

Guys,

I don't think cost is of much influence at all. We all know (at least know of) people who don't have two nickels to rub together that somehow find $150/mo for cigarettes. We all justify the things we want to spend our money on. People may not be able to dive right into that twin hydro right off the bat, but entry level boating is well within reach for nearly everybody who sees it worthy of their time. The only real correlation to cost is that we are trying to attract new boaters at a time in their life when they typically have the least amount of discretionary funds: When they are young.

This, coincidentally, is also when they are the most distracted. Even well into their twenties, they can't seem to get their noses off that bright little screen long enough to not walk into fountains. I've taken my son to races and the grand takeaway for him was "It seems kinda boring watching boats go in circles", as he thumbed up a new YouTube video about a video game. I have yet to be able to convince him to go to the pond and actually DRIVE one.

While this isn't a rant about "those damned millennials", it's definitely a major contributor to the issue. It is what it is.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

OK boomer. keep getting your opinions from Fox News and Alex Jones.

There was a "Baby Boom" in the years following the end of the 2nd. world war, when all the service men and women came home and started making babies like crazy. That's why they call us old farts "boomers". 1947 for me.

I'm in San Diego. Now 51 years old, I've been going to the pond since Ralph Henry was rope starting his boats. Always looked forward to seeing Henry Velasco and his beautiful Squire Shop race on Bill Muncey memorial weekend. I own 7 or 8 nitro boats that I haven't run in 5 years. Eagle 67 sgx, home built rigger, 3 Sport 40's, Velasco scale and others. I can't justify $75.00/ gal fuel. Last year got into gas. Now have a mono, cat, Backlash. I wish more people would come run on Sunday. We don't neccesarily have to be racing to support the hobby.

A Boomer = Baby Boomer of which I am proud to be one.
Bob,

You are a member of the generation that has provided more opportunity for prosperity than just about any other. Something like 90% of America's working populous can thank the Boomers for their livelihood. Thanks.

"Boomer" used to be a term of acknowledgment of that. But it has recently been perverted into a pejorative by some Marxist moron (redundant?) in Australia, by adding the "OK" to it. It's essentially a dismissal of your wisdom; of the fact that you've created your own prosperity and gave us all a roadmap to the bottomless well from which you did so, because there are others who refuse to commit the work that it requires. You can consider yourself insulted by a Progressive, an oxymoronically named political movement if there ever was one. Its just too bad we can't have a much needed adult conversation about the preservation of our great hobby without it devolving into these insults.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Well said Brad. Unfortunately too many people catch a newspaper headline, or 5 minutes of MSNBC, and that is all most people need to become experts.

Back