Looking for Speedmaster bracket for twin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
A number of years back, somewhere around '97 or '98, Speedmaster made a really slick bracket that incorporated the rudder bracket & one side of the right strut bracket into one single piece. This was excellent for two reasons, one being it reduced the number of holes in the transom (always a good thing) & two it makes for a very strong stable mounting. I e-mailed back & forth with Bill McGraw, they don't make this anymore and since it would take a min. 100 piece CNC order he suggested to look into having it made on my own. I asked Bill if there is a CNC program still for this that perhaps I could get my hands on but have not gotten a reply back yet. The only bracket I have currently resides on the back of my twin so the search begins to find one to send out to be duplicated. For some reason I can't upload an attachment here so I've included a link to a pic of what the bracket looks like in hopes that one is out there somewhere as Bill did say a few were made & sold but lack of demand stopped long term production. Too bad as I personally think this is a great way to go & could see it useable on a single as well. If anyone has one lying around or might know of one I can get please let me know asap. Thanks!! :)

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=33&pos=17

Last edited by a moderator:
A number of years back, somewhere around '97 or '98, Speedmaster made a really slick bracket that incorporated the rudder bracket & one side of the right strut bracket into one single piece. This was excellent for two reasons, one being it reduced the number of holes in the transom (always a good thing) & two it makes for a very strong stable mounting. I e-mailed back & forth with Bill McGraw, they don't make this anymore and since it would take a min. 100 piece CNC order he suggested to look into having it made on my own. I asked Bill if there is a CNC program still for this that perhaps I could get my hands on but have not gotten a reply back yet. The only bracket I have currently resides on the back of my twin so the search begins to find one to send out to be duplicated. For some reason I can't upload an attachment here so I've included a link to a pic of what the bracket looks like in hopes that one is out there somewhere as Bill did say a few were made & sold but lack of demand stopped long term production. Too bad as I personally think this is a great way to go & could see it useable on a single as well. If anyone has one lying around or might know of one I can get please let me know asap. Thanks!! :)
https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=33&pos=17
Don,

Some of my earlier twins had this. I even had the inside bracket between the struts one piece. And Bill copied what I did. If you can send me some dimensions I can reproduct it for you.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,Some of my earlier twins had this. I even had the inside bracket between the struts one piece. And Bill copied what I did. If you can send me some dimensions I can reproduct it for you.

Mark
Mark that is why I'm looking for a match, so I can get exacting dimensions or supply the entire piece to someone without taking my twin apart. Everything is dialed in & I sure as hell don't want to take it apart before Atlanta. B)

Don,Some of my earlier twins had this. I even had the inside bracket between the struts one piece. And Bill copied what I did. If you can send me some dimensions I can reproduct it for you.

Mark
Mark that is why I'm looking for a match, so I can get exacting dimensions or supply the entire piece to someone without taking my twin apart. Everything is dialed in & I sure as hell don't want to take it apart before Atlanta. B)
Don,

From the looks of the picture you can measure it up still on the boat. I know that it is 1.25" high. All I need is the lenght from the transom to the end at the strut and also on the rudder side. From the transom to the hole for the strut. Then I need the distance from the strut to the first mounting holes and from the center of the first hole to the second hole next to the rudder. Now all that is left is the center to center of the holes up and down.

Mark

hello Don,

have a look, what i've made:

normal_DSC00106.jpg

normal_DSC00108.jpg

normal_DSC00109.jpg

normal_DSC00107.jpg

normal_DSC00111.jpg

normal_DSC00112.jpg

greets

Curt

Curt, that is some awesome work my friend. B)

Guys, the last resort will be to measure the bracket but I still would rather find a match if at all possible. :)

How do you like the HR91s.
I'm still working on the boat and the engines haven't seen a drop of nitro. But if they will running as half as good as the look like............. :blink: :blink: I'm running some RS91 and am very satisfied with them. We will see.......

Now i'm working on a new CF-cowling for the twin, i hope i can make it half the weight as the original one. Then some colour to the boat...........

Steve made soom nice one piece mounts for his Eagles when he use to run them there were very nice as all his homemade hardware is.

Don, Bill use to sell a similar setup for the olde Dagger Boats "Stilleto" canard hydro. A simple solution is to "end mill" a step on the std. bracket to overlap the strut mount.

That's a nice Roadrunner rear end that you are showing in the pictures, welcome aboard.

Hi, can you tell me how can I get 2 of those "IMPBA WITH THE SQUARE RACING FLAG LOGO DECALS" I WILL LIKE TO HAVE THEM SO I CAN ALSO PUT THEM IN MY TWIN EAGLE SGX PLEASE HELP ME?

Hi, can you tell me how can I get 2 of those "IMPBA WITH THE SQUARE RACING FLAG LOGO DECALS" I WILL LIKE TO HAVE THEM SO I CAN ALSO PUT THEM IN MY TWIN EAGLE SGX PLEASE HELP ME?
How big do you want them and what color. Or do you want to paint them on. If so which way do you want to paint. Thru the mask or over the mask?

Mark

Back