Lone Star Models

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish them all the best of luck . Theres no sound , hopefully no one was injured and they get back on there feet .

Ed

Yeah, it looked pretty bad. Hopefully they can recover their business, they were good people to deal with.

~James

What a shame. I hope they are able to rebuild soon. Their web site says they are temporarily unable to accept orders. Hopefully their insurance was adequate and they will be able to get up and running again. I linked in some pics they have posted:

100_0192A.jpg

100_0207A.jpg

100_0211A.jpg

100_0220A.jpg

From what little else that I have found out, the business had closed at 2:00 PM on Wednesday for the holiday and the fire was discovered at 3:00. Three fire departments showed up to fight the fire. No injuries were reported.

From what little else that I have found out, the business had closed at 2:00 PM on Wednesday for the holiday and the fire was discovered at 3:00. Three fire departments showed up to fight the fire. No injuries were reported.
Three departments? Looked like three guys and one hose. That's a bummer for sure as I buy stuff from them. Trying to put out a fire at a warehouse full of wood, glue and resins ............. that'd be like a mouse pissin' on a campfire. :eek:

Three departments? Looked like three guys and one hose. That's a bummer for sure as I buy stuff from them. Trying to put out a fire at a warehouse full of wood, glue and resins ............. that'd be like a mouse pissin' on a campfire. :eek:
Don, as a career firefighter it is called " Little gain little risk" or "Big gain big risk". By the looks of the fire and how much it's progression was that would be little gain little risk. We have lost over 200 firefighters this year 9 in your area I think that is enough. I am sorry for the loss of the company and thier workers and hope they can recover. Sorry to upset anyone. Don McKay

Don, as a career firefighter it is called " Little gain little risk" or "Big gain big risk". By the looks of the fire and how much it's progression was that would be little gain little risk. We have lost over 200 firefighters this year 9 in your area I think that is enough. I am sorry for the loss of the company and their workers and hope they can recover. Sorry to upset anyone. Don McKay
Don't get me wrong I agree completely, it looked like only one crew just doing containment to keep it from spreading to adjacent buildings. That's why I said it would be like a mouse peeing on a campfire.

Don, as a career firefighter it is called " Little gain little risk" or "Big gain big risk". By the looks of the fire and how much it's progression was that would be little gain little risk. We have lost over 200 firefighters this year 9 in your area I think that is enough. I am sorry for the loss of the company and their workers and hope they can recover. Sorry to upset anyone. Don McKay
Don't get me wrong I agree completely, it looked like only one crew just doing containment to keep it from spreading to adjacent buildings. That's why I said it would be like a mouse peeing on a campfire.
hhhmm a mouse peeing on a campfire! I wonder what would smell worse the wizz or mouse hair.....Don you kill me!!!

Balsa USA is one other place to tey. There is another on the west coast but I can't remember their name off-hand.

When we were working on the Hammerhead .12 we tried one place that my sister recommended but the wood quality wasn't that good and the sizes inconsistant. Midwest Products has nice wood but their prices are kind of high.

With Lone Star Balsa out of commission, need some materials to build a Gas Whip. Who's out there. Thanks Ray :ph34r:
SIG has rc wood supplies they are in Iowa http://www.sigmfg.com/

Bad thing with Sigs from what I looked at on there website 5Ply 1/8x12x48 plywood is almost double the price from LoneStar Balsa. Balsa USA prices for the same sheet is just a little over $13.00 pretty close to LoneStar prices. Dave

With Lone Star Balsa out of commission, need some materials to build a Gas Whip. Who's out there. Thanks Ray :ph34r:

Hey now Ray,

Get out that hatch and spokeshave and make some wood Oh they do not have them at a hospice. :) :) :)

That was sad to hear about. We hope they can put it all back together.

Caused some delays for us too as they were putting together a wood order for us that was to ship the next day.

Hi ya'll

So has anybody heard anything if LoneStar Balsa is going to get there business back up and running or are they going to take it as a lose, and move on to something else. Ot sure wold be nice to see them get back on there feet and get there business back up and running again. They were a nice little company to deal with and they was always on time with getting the orders out to you. I keep checking the website and I haven't noticed any change to the write up on the web page. I also heard a rumor that there is possibly a shortage in Birch Ply since there is a company that went out of business that manufactures the Birch ply if that is true has anybody seen any impact on the prices for Birch ply.

Dave

Latest posts

Back