LIL RASKEL HELP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to use the Octura hardware that you guys suggested.

I just need to call and order it.

Thanks again for all the help (everyone)!!!

Hey guys....got the Octura hardware. Question..when you insert the teflon liner for the flex shaft into the stuffing box, are you supposed to put any kind of adhesive on it ?? Also...who sells this nifty tuned pipe mounts that I've seen illustrated in previous posts...

Bruce

No adhesive Bruce and a lot of the guys don't use the teflon at all. Just a smaller brass tube to fit your flex shaft.

If you have a rear exhaust OS 12 or 15, use the 180 degree rear exhaust manifold for the Team Associated NTC3. You can get them in several colors from Tower Hobbies for $13.79. BLUE, BLACK AND ALUMINUM Just search for Associated Manifold.

Don :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For props, I've had luck with the Prather 215 for messing around and the Octura V937/3 for speed. The 215 will allow you to slow down then get back up to speed without cavitating. I'm still trying other props also to see what works and what doesn't.

Bruce did you mean the pipe mount that clamps the stinger and positions it on the tub? If so, I know Aeromarine makes some of different sizes and a lot of people make their own.

Adam

I've made some for my .12 boats just using some music wire with a small piece of fuel tubing to insulate from radio interference around the pipe. I've also made some from aluminum sheet similar to the ones that Seaducer sells.

;) A little late posting on this project but i have done one too @ 14 years ago.

The aluminum front sponson supports i kept but while building the front sponsons built in @ 2" long wood extensions inward from the top skins to atach the brackets too giving me an @ 4" wider boat.

Installed .150 flex cable drive into 3/16" stub shaft with an aeromarine .150 compression collet at the drive end.

Set rear sponsons per dumas specs and used homebuilt very small hardware that would be now typical speedmaster .21 stuff with strut having a very small diameter bearing housing of @ .312 or so.

Radio box stuff full forward and if i remember right a 6OZ sullivan tank.

I was using at the time a current K&B 3.5 side intake engine and prather Ex throttle.

the lboat with a X640 or 1640 was a friggen rocket and quite the play boat for a few years before I ever started racing.

The current .15 engine i think make damm near as much power so this set up should be close.

what fun it was !!! :D Scott

Yeah..actually I did. But after fitting the engine with the header on it, I think I am going to be able to successfully utilize an aircraft type tuned pipe mount.

Thanks...

Bruce

Man that is sweet.....hey question for you guys..I thought it was already mentioned but in scanning backwards I didn't see it...in relation to the rear sponsons...where should I set the preliminary height of the strut ?? Pretty much all I've got left to do is mount everything, strip it down, seal it with Z-poxy and paint it.

Thanks,

Bruce,

Hey Rick:

What do you expect? It's got an on board starter, twin tanks behind the engine, satellite radio, GPS, DVD video, heated seats, sun roof, etc. :D :D :D

Sorry PJ, I just can resist! I "wub" you! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
It never got over a 'brisk walk', but it looks good doing it! :p

PA...set the strut height so the propshaft is level with the sponson bottoms and go from there.

Okay guys...I finished it. Considering all I've been building is airplanes for 15 years, It doesn't look too bad. The paint colors where leftovers....btw..also. I had to put the Octura sticker on the front...had little oops in the paint, If I hadn't have put all the "powered by Microsoft" stickers I had at work on the toilets in the mens room, I woulda used one of them :p (That's a joke only my fellow UNIX bretheren will understand)

We'll see what happens when I put it in the water tommorow.

On to the tunnell hull project !!!

Bruce

View attachment 2348

i'm pretty sure your pipe is set too long..... what was it.... i think 7 3/4" if i remember right?

That's what I noticed too Tom.

Pa, the pipes and headers all come too long from the Manufacturers. I've got mine set at from 6-3/4 to 7 inches measuring from the glow plug following the header to the fat part of the pipe. Yeah, that's a lot of cutting, I know.

The paint job looks pretty good BTW.

Tom, do you know off hand what the measurements are on your pipe/header setup?

i have not used that pipe in a while..... i thought i had mine at 7 3/4 but i might be wrong

Back