JAE Rigger, It's Possible??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuizBarbetta

Hey Folks,

The question of the year is:

The Jae Rigger, It's possible breaking the 100Mph??

All coments is welcome!

Cheers.

DSC04696.JPG

DSC04697.JPG

DSC04698.JPG

DSC04699.JPG

DSC04700.JPG

DSC04701.JPG

DSC04702.JPG

DSC04703.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Rod,

I am talking about Jae Gas but with Brushless motor! and of course in general too!

I will post some pics later!

cheers.

Yup, you are right ;-)

The first run with wrong setup and prop we put 82mph in the GPS!

Maybe in the next run with a good battery's, prop and setup with make 90mph.

Cheets

YES it is Gil is running in the 90's now with a relatively easy setup. Jim caldwell also runs in the high 80's consistently .

boat looks good - let her rip! w/video :D

Last edited:
How many kv is that motor.What prop ? wat leo motor is that.

Last edited:
Get rid of that v series and try a x series in a 55mm setting. JAE's dont like high lift props Ive heard. Maybe thats why you are hopping down the lake.ABC cleavers W/1.4 PR's may work well too.

Last edited:
Hello Luiz..I´m Portuguese, mas se falar em portugues, ninguem vai entender... :D

If you want help you can PM me...i will try to help you.....the same way all the intlwaters guys will do.... :D

Don´t use a V or high lift prop with a JAE...The JAE is built with a single back sponson for supporting the prop, so you don´t need lift for the back. start with a 1650 ..you are using a 1340 kv motor on a oval boat with 8S......It´s like a motor, start rich and start leaning, and not strat len, and richen it up....

i´m also making a JAE twin .45 for 8S with a leopard, but using a 1090kv motor...Beware...high KV..high cell count...large prop..usually..LARGE smoke... ;D

Best Regards :D

Try the 1455 first be careful with that 1662 remember low to mid lift props . Plus 7mm is a large jump in addition to the increased pitch ratio from a mild 1455. Id be looking at a 450-452 @ 40k . really havent seen many speak of running above 55 mm props but maybe they did and didnt report it :unsure: . On my twin im starting with x455's t/b cut trimmed down to around 52mm. Main thing - get a way from that vseries prop . That leo wont turn a big gas prop the same as a gas motor. Even though the leo boast 7 or so hp the torque curve and rpm range of your setup is totally different. With your setup your looking at around 40k loaded so you need to step down on the prop diameter Im thinking. Be mindful of your amp draw as you play!

Hello Luiz..I´m Portuguese, mas se falar em portugues, ninguem vai entender... :D

If you want help you can PM me...i will try to help you.....the same way all the intlwaters guys will do.... :D

Don´t use a V or high lift prop with a JAE...The JAE is built with a single back sponson for supporting the prop, so you don´t need lift for the back. start with a 1650 ..you are using a 1340 kv motor on a oval boat with 8S......It´s like a motor, start rich and start leaning, and not strat len, and richen it up....

i´m also making a JAE twin .45 for 8S with a leopard, but using a 1090kv motor...Beware...high KV..high cell count...large prop..usually..LARGE smoke... ;D

Best Regards :D
Hey Buddy, Bom saber ;-)

Nos falamos por PM.

Thx for all,

Luiz

Try the 1455 first be careful with that 1662 remember low to mid lift props . Plus 7mm is a large jump in addition to the increased pitch ratio from a mild 1455. Id be looking at a 450-452 @ 40k . really havent seen many speak of running above 55 mm props but maybe they did and didnt report it :unsure: . On my twin im starting with x455's t/b cut trimmed down to around 52mm. Main thing - get a way from that vseries prop . That leo wont turn a big gas prop the same as a gas motor. Even though the leo boast 7 or so hp the torque curve and rpm range of your setup is totally different. With your setup your looking at around 40k loaded so you need to step down on the prop diameter Im thinking. Be mindful of your amp draw as you play!
The Boat setup running the 1662 great! the motor have so much stronger! he broke the Octura 1662 in the half! LOL I will try see if any boaters get a pictures from the prop!

So... maybe now with correct setup the 1662 go faster! but.... we try 1455 first!

Yes I am attetion in the amp! We are using a Castle Hydra 240HV and 8s with 5000 50c/100c buster we also try using the 10s in the BIG DAY! hehehehe

Cheers.

Hello Luiz..I´m Portuguese, mas se falar em portugues, ninguem vai entender... :D If you want help you can PM me...i will try to help you.....the same way all the intlwaters guys will do.... :D Don´t use a V or high lift prop with a JAE...The JAE is built with a single back sponson for supporting the prop, so you don´t need lift for the back. start with a 1650 ..you are using a 1340 kv motor on a oval boat with 8S......It´s like a motor, start rich and start leaning, and not strat len, and richen it up.... i´m also making a JAE twin .45 for 8S with a leopard, but using a 1090kv motor...Beware...high KV..high cell count...large prop..usually..LARGE smoke... ;D Best Regards :D
Forgot to post pic....

20120415_174248.jpg

Latest posts

Back