JAE GAS rigger prop recommendation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

Guys ,

What is a good prop for this boat.I traded Mark sholund a nitro pipe for a Prop and will be needing it soon and wanted to know if anyone has found a good heat racing prop.Nice and steady.Not too flighty.

Terry I have a 2718/3 from Mark and it runs really well on the JAE rigger. Hopeful to start getting some testing soon weather is starting to break around here. Cross your fingers,sad part is we have our first district race May 1st and I have not even had a boat in the water yet.Jerry

Thanks jerry, i have not posted on the dock yet because it is down but i thought i would try here in the meantime and hoped mark himself would chine in.He owes me a prop from a pipe I sent him back in the fall and now is when I have asked for the prop :D

My fist race is in may as well and we have no soft water yet to test on <_<

Check my response to the pm you just sent me.

What are my options besides the 2716's and the 6719's i already have .

I am leaning towards the 2816 or 2916 what is your opinion.

Let me know what i owe you as balance from the pipe i sent you.

Terry,

What pipe and motor are you running?

I would go with the smaller of the two 2816 first

and get your set up better before I would step up

any bigger. I need your address as I have a 2816

ready to ship. The bigger diameter has been moving

the back end of the boats around too much.JMO!!!

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

This particular boat will receive a full modded M&D 260 with The newest M&D pipe which is a steel pipe zero band and the muffler welded right on the pipe.This combo when propped right seems to be very happy at 17400-17700 rpm.

I will pm you my address.

Hey Terry like Mark said and I am no expert but I can tell you I have a 2818/2 from Bob Austin on my JAE and he is right it pushes the boat around and makes it go into the course. Jerry

Terry,

I have your order ready to ship.

Need your address please.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

I've got maybe 3 props so far to try on mine, one that Mark did up for me, a 967/3 and I can't think of the 3rd one off-hand.

Hey Terry like Mark said and I am no expert but I can tell you I have a 2818/2 from Bob Austin on my JAE and he is right it pushes the boat around and makes it go into the course. Jerry
Jerry,

Did you set the hull up with any right sponson toe in? Have not run mine yet but have 1/16" toe in and will test with an Accu-Tech turn fin.

Bill

Joe Petro told me last Saturday to make sure that I put 1/8" of toe-in on the right sponson. Mike Walker built mine and sure enough, he already put it in!

100_0183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Petro told me last Saturday to make sure that I put 1/8" of toe-in on the right sponson. Mike Walker built mine and sure enough, he already put it in!

100_0183.jpg
you need to put shark or eagle eyes on it Ron,like Joe said. makes it look more meaner,would go great with the paint job that joe put on it. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back