Jae 67 GT almost done

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mike and Tom waiting weather cooperates to get it wetted....two rainy weeks in a row. Gill

Finally I could go to the pond to test the boat after two weeks of miserable weather......first run was good with boat running stable and turning very nice.I had to put a thin shim on the right side of the strut to compensate the overveer not bad but something annoying as you have to rudder compensate....now its great.Also had to push the turnfin back a little as the sponson was lifting. in the straights.Even with motor breaking in its clear the great potential of this Jae and hope to have this motor ready for our event that will be hold in few weeks..H38 cupped is what I used for this test.Pipe set at 11,5". Gill

https://youtu.be/cXLiBNuwelI

Gil , that looks so fast just sitting still, sweet job ,,,
default_smile.png

Could you post some dimensions?

Length width of the hull

Front sponson angle of attach

Ramp Angle

Width of front sponsons

Width and length of the Ramp

Distance from the rear of the running surface of the front sponson to the rear of the ramp

I am considering a 60 twin. If dimensions are good we can probably increase the width of the kit tube.

Does anyone have similar dimensions of the gas boat

Thanks Doc

Here is what I have Doc

total lenght 40 1/4"

tub width 3,7"

Sponsons angles 3,6 degrees( right)...... left is 3,8 ..using my digital level(smart tool)

widht of front sponsons 24 1/4"

guess you meant the ramp is the ski : 1 1/4" and total lenght 19"

distance from the running surface of front sponsons to the end of the ramp 31"

Hope this help and one more consideration that all outside parts of tub and sponsons was reinforced with 3/4"oz fiberglass.

Brad I'm sure she has a great potential.

Thanks fellows.

Gill

Back