jae .12g engine placement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

top fuel 1

need to set my engine in the jae.12 and need to know how far forward it has to be, the manual doesn't list a cg or plug to bulk head measurement like the .21 boat the manual shows a picture at 4 1/2 but thats not going to happen with the boom tubes in the way

i forgot to mention it is a nova rossi motor going in it

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
it is hard to see in the pictures but the glow plug is 4" from the bulkhead. i used the solinger mount and butted it all the way forward against the motor mount.

need to set my engine in the jae.12 and need to know how far forward it has to be, the manual doesn't list a cg or plug to bulk head measurement like the .21 boat the manual shows a picture at 4 1/2 but thats not going to happen with the boom tubes in the way

i forgot to mention it is a nova rossi motor going in it

thanks
If I remember correctly... I dont have the boat in front of me but I placed the motor in the center (front to aft) on the wood mounts for the motor. Im talking about the center where the motor would sit on the wood mounts in the boat (just to be clear) making sure the iso motor mount doesnt touch any other surface in the hull. I have a Nova Rossi .12 ....figured that would be the best place without any mesurments. might be right I might be wrong anyone else have an Idea?

That were mine's at. Bolt the mount to the engine, set it in there and it just about sets itself. Check for alignment to the stuffing tube or the hole in the bulkhead using a drill bit or piece of tubing to make sure it's straight.

JAE12008.jpg

Latest posts

Back