installing OS RGM in miss vegas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avbrando

i found a great deal on a non pullstart os max rgm ($100) NIB and i want to install it into my m.v. has anyone done this?, any recomendations?.

Thank's. Brandon.

Last edited by a moderator:
i found a great deal on a non pullstart os max rgm ($100) NIB and i want to install it into my m.v. has anyone done this?, any recomendations?.Thank's. Brandon.
You'll need made a motor mount for the RGM and may want to consider changing out the stuffing box tube so you can run 3/16" cable. You'll also need at least 6 oz of fuel for 5 -6 minutes of run time.

JD

Hi Jerry and Avbrando,

What is the OS RGM motor? What is its displacement. I am in the market for a motor for my first kit build and have not yet found that 'got to have' yet.

Raymond

Hi Jerry and Avbrando,
What is the OS RGM motor? What is its displacement. I am in the market for a motor for my first kit build and have not yet found that 'got to have' yet.

Raymond
it's a 3.5cc/.21ci. the rgm is a sport engine that has been discontinued for a while now, there should still be some around if you look and ther'e cheap!

i found a great deal on a non pullstart os max rgm ($100) NIB and i want to install it into my m.v. has anyone done this?, any recomendations?.Thank's. Brandon.
You got a great deal! The OS 21 RGM is a big, heavy engine. I have one in a Mean Machine cat that pushes it along fairly well. However before I put the RGM in my MV, I would consider a higher reving lighter engine like the OS 18CVR-M. The MV with the stock (unmodified) Aqua 18 equipped with a Cooper Quiet Pipe, JD sponson mod and a balanced and sharpened M440 prop should run in the mid-40's on 45% fuel for less than an $80 outlay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back