IMPBA vs NAMBA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Don: I meant every word I said about your Club! Yes Mark and I will be at the Ft. Lauderdale Race. Will test on Friday. Fred also runs one heck of a good Race. We have to support them this weekend as they are having some financial problems. Let's all bring a pocket full of dollar bills to win some of those great prizes they have. Best, Perry

For some of us, it's run what's in your area. There are IMPBA clubs and races all around me and only one NAMBA club that I know of and they run (yuck :p ) electric boats only. We also had the Scale Ship Modellers of North America headquartered here in my city but I've heard that they are all but defunct now here.

Hey Ron,

and only one NAMBA club that I know of and they run (yuck  ) electric boats only.
YUCK!!!! Sounds like you have boat envy, lol. I know, you've been smelling nitro so long it fried your brain. :blink: Maybe you just hate the fact that electric powered boats hold the fastest time on the water now. OR..... you've been waxed by a FE and couldn't take the beating. B) Maybe electrics are just to complicated for an old school slimer, lmao!

Okay, flame suit on. :ph34r:

All in jest, right? B)

Paul.

BTW; My "battery" powered 1/8th Atlas is clocking 62 MPH in oval trim and there's still more in her. :p

Paul, that's why I put the Smiley in there! Electrics are fun too, I've had a few in my time and still have one.

I enjoyed the MI Cup race last year, a lot of very friendly people there.

I don't know if you go that far back but didn't there used to be some other NAMBA clubs here in Michigan back in the late `70's, early `80's?

<_< If you go to both websites you can view the policies as I did...

Let me introduce myself first: I am Dave Bestpitch NAMBA 98 and I have been a member of NAMBA since its conception so I became curious myself...

The major difference is that the pond or body of water does not have to be insured by NAMBA's policy and you are insured at all times you are running your boat even if it isn't a sanctioned event and, as with IMPBA, according to the established safety guidelines...

dave b

Wnd'em up baby

Hi Ron,

I know you where kidding, I just love getting the FE jab in every now and then. ;) I may have met you in MI a couple years ago at the cup, I was also there this year. Did you know the Nationals are being held there next year? As far as other NAMBA clubs in MI go I have no clue. Not many FE boaters arond where I'm at(like none) so I travel all over the place for some action. I'm a member of both NAMBA and IMPBA but in IMPBA FE races are no where to be found. :(

Paul.

Woops having been at the hospital for a week made me miss this one and I feel I must chime in as I do know why Florida switched.

First: KRPNova is incorrect in his statement about the gas guys bringing the change about! Back when we switched Florida was dominated by Nitro boaters. At present it is about 50/50. Where have all the Nitroheads gone???

The reasons we switched were: (1) As Dave Bestpitch stated NAMBA Insurance covers you whereever you run your boat providing you abide by the saftey rules. (2) IMPBA was and still is for that matter having some interoffice difficulties and some other organizational problems. One such interoffice problem is getting awards to people amonst rulebooks distribution and other things back in those days. I know of someone who has waited 4 years for an award they won at the Internats and he still doesnt have it. This is just not acceptable if you want to foster model boating and see your membership grow. (3) Sometimes the Old timers are thick headed and we had an old timer DD verses and old timer Pres at the time that butted heads and as they say you cant teach an old dog a new trick therefore we had a stalemate going on. Lucky for us these two old dogs have gone under the porch now and wont be any more trouble :D

Florida had comtemplated switching back to IMPBA for 2005 but it was voted to late to switch for 05 and we will be NAMBA in 05. The reason we are asking the membership if they want to switch is because the nearest NAMBA club to us is 1500 miles from Florida so it is thought to be in our best interest to be sanctioned by the Organization that is in our imediate area. I myself would still be a dual member as NAMBA Insyurance is the only one that will cover me anytime anywhere I run my boats provided I am abiding by the proper saftey guidlines.

That should clear the mud cause I really hate gossip which should be left unsaid if you dont have all your facts straight.

Ron

Last edited:
Contrary to what Mr. Kinsell has been told it was the Nitro people that caused the change to NAMBA to run the gas boaters out. Dist #3 only run open gas or GX gas they can no longer field a heat of G-1 and a heat of G-x they have to race together cracker box is not offered or can not make in an other two years gas will be a special event.

I'm a NAMBA member and believe there is one other difference in the insurance. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but IMPBA is secondary insurance and NAMBA is primary. In other words, under IMPBA, your homeowners insurance must be used first, and IMPBA picks up whatever the homeowners doesn't. NAMBA claims are filed directly to the insurer and your homeowner's is unaffected.

Hope this helps.

rags902

Latest posts

Back