IMPBA D12 38th Annual Thunder in the Park

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was behind the power curve and stressing out getting boats ready for the season. Thanks to Baltimore Club President Larry Roberts for taking the day off today and painting with me in his heated garage. Spending the afternoon with good friends and toy boats.. It just doesnt get any better!!!

IMG_02721.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yellow, who wudda thunk it ??? - LOL Looks good mike, i don't even want to talk about behind! Larry's another reason i like racing in d-12(-;

Thanks Robin. I'm the Lamar Huff or D12. All my boats gotta be yellow. Sure hope he doesnt need yellow paint any time soon.. LOL I'm sure you'll get everything together come race time. LMK if you need a hand.

Charles........you should have my entry by now. Looks like the 1/8th scale electric class is not going to make. Chilli's not ready and Don is selling his and hasn't started building his new one yet so...........take me out of 1/8 electric scale and use that entry for gas rigger instead. Same freq. 2.4.

Thanks,

John

More open nitro single/fe riggers running together as a combined class with .45 to.80 singles & I don't know for sure on power, but 8s to 10s fe's together. The boats are in the district, a class could prolly happed for e or f nitro. Some folks would have to drag them outta mothballs, though.....
The open FE/Nitro hydro (and mono) class came about because the nitro boats became thin and those classes weren't making the minimums. 8 and 10S FE hydros are fairly comparable and a good .45 these days will run with an .80 (my .45 and .80 Crapshooters both ran in the 80's before I sold them). The classes for this year have been set as per district voting and if we see consistent turn out of a given size nitro hydro (or mono even) then it can be brought up for consideration at this seasons end for next year. And by consistent we're talking at least 3 or 4 at each race.
default_smile.png

I plan on being there, will be running 3 classes, Gas Mono, Gas Sport Hydro, and Jersey Skiff. My Thunder Boat wont be done in time to race. Looking forward to the first race of the D12 season......

I'm planing on coming down.I just hope we get soft water before I come down. I need to setup a few new hulls. I was planing on using RCracing events. If it's not up by Thursday Ill go the snail mail route. GSH 27, Open gas cat, Gas rigger ,Sport 40 The sport 40 is the only I've races last season. My gas cat is a 290 Zen is that OK I do have a spare 260 if not.

Neil go ahead and mail it in to me so you will get to run the classes you want. Rcracingevents may still be down for awhile so entries I have in hand are the ones that matter.

Thanks Matt for the quick response. Thanks Don for the heads up I just saw the update that its back up and running now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Registration can now be done via pay pal on rcracingevents.com in addition to mail ins so now you have options. Get'em in guys time is getting short 3 weeks to go......

As much as I like the new Ft. Ritchie site and was looking forward to seeing everyone I will not be able to make this event. We are smack in the middle of a $1.2 million chiller replacement project at work that looks to keep me local until at least the end of April. Gonna miss hangin' with you guys...............
default_sad.png

Charles,

I had asked earlier to change my 1/8th scale entry to gas rigger but see it was entered into rcracing events as 1/8th scale. I just want to make sure it gets changed to not cause delays at the pond.

John

For those whom never been to Fort Richie there's a satellite view of the Fort, there's only one way in or out via the Main Gate at Rt. 550 & Rt. 491 make your around to the back side of the lake you'll be directed where to park and pit

image.jpg

For those whom never been to Fort Richie there's a satellite view of the Fort, there's only one way in or out via the Main Gate at Rt. 550 & Rt. 491 make your around to the back side of the lake you'll be directed where to park and pit
Do we have to drive on the grass & in the water, or can we just follow the road? - LOL See ya in a couple weeks, looking toward to some racing & fun with my friends!!

Back