I just bought a used Seaducer, have questions....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcboatlover

Hey guys, I just bought a used Seaducer on E-Bay and wanted to see if any one had some input on the boat.

Auction # 160068684632

I'm not real familiar with this hull or engine, so if any one could tell me some more info on it I would appreciate it. I'm guessing that it is an older style Hull, and to me it looks like it is made out of fiberglass, and not kevlar like some of them are? Also the engine is an older style, but it would be nice to know what model if some one knows.

I mostly race gas monos, and want to change it up this year with a nitro boat. I hope to race it this summer and see a few things that need to be changed right away. I plan to change out the engine mount for a rubber mount, add a muffler, a clear radio box lid and go threw the whole boat for any problems.

Let me know if you see any other changes that I should make.

Thanks!!! Dale P.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the old hull, probably mid-late '90s. I don't know anything about that engine...

Duane

Dale,

My guess it is a SD2 version, surface drive, using a fiberglass inlay. Inside the hull, usually on the starboard side nead the radio box, is the hull number. Seaducer Boats can tell you all of the specs for the boat if you give them that number. Another guess it is late '90s era. Jerry used fiberglass, carbon fiber and kevlar inlays at different times.

Get rid of the solid mount and replace it with a Seaducer mount and it will quiet it down a lot. Muffler or muffled pipe even more. Pipe length about 8". The engine may surprise you. Look at a Octura 440/3 prop for it.

John

Dale,
My guess it is a SD2 version, surface drive, using a fiberglass inlay. Inside the hull, usually on the starboard side nead the radio box, is the hull number. Seaducer Boats can tell you all of the specs for the boat if you give them that number. Another guess it is late '90s era. Jerry used fiberglass, carbon fiber and kevlar inlays at different times.

Get rid of the solid mount and replace it with a Seaducer mount and it will quiet it down a lot. Muffler or muffled pipe even more. Pipe length about 8". The engine may surprise you. Look at a Octura 440/3 prop for it.

John
Im thinking your right on the money John.

rcboatlover-pm sent . Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys,

How can you tell that it is a SD2 and not the SD1? And will it run well with the new SD3's ?

Dale P.

Thanks guys,
How can you tell that it is a SD2 and not the SD1? And will it run well with the new SD3's ?

Dale P.
I may be wrong here, but I think that all 4 strakes didn't go all the way to the transom on the SD hulls...(?)

I also recently picked up one of those older 20 hulls on eBay: SEADUCER 20

This one's original metalflake gel-coat is in great shape (though looked very dirty in the eBay auction), and I got lucky with the Picco which hadn't been run much, and the nice OPS 3280 pipe. rcboatlover, it looks like you got a pretty fair deal on yours, especially if the engine's pretty fresh. Tidewater may still have parts for that one, assuming that it is a CMB.

It looks like you got a great buy on that boat. I had an e-mail the other night just before bidding closed asking me about that very boat! He was just a little late on getting it away from you.

Back