hook on the bottom of the hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David , not to burst your bubble on the Hydrostream but that hook is from rotten core and trailer sitting over time . Most that had any hook ( "pencil roll ") had it right near the end of the pad . That is deformation in the bottom I'm quite sure .

David , not to burst your bubble on the Hydrostream but that hook is from rotten core and trailer sitting over time . Most that had any hook ( "pencil roll ") had it right near the end of the pad . That is deformation in the bottom I'm quite sure .
That is not my boat. that is a pic from http://hydrostream.org/Specific%20Models/Vector.htm

Lots of info on the infamous HOOKED Vector

Last edited by a moderator:
default_huh.png
Look at picture of custom boat at Japan.
default_wacko.png
how to run???
default_rolleyes.gif

My boat looks more like what you are talking about Tom. must have bin a later run from the mold.

When I flip it over I will see what needs to be done.

Hook or no hook that is the question?

David,

I know a couple of guys up north here that are plenty fast with no hook at all.

You know you will play with it both ways. You cannot resist the knowledge

either way, you should know yourself better? Come on really? How is the house

coming along?

Happy New Year,

Mark Sholund

Have the first draft of the plans done. Just have to nail down what we want. there is a woman involved, SO, well you get the drift.

David,

coming along?

Happy New Year,

Mark Sholund
Mark,

I ran one of your m447 props on my new 36 inch wild thing built by ML Boatworks specificaly for me. The wood he uses is top notch and the kit came out perfectly flat on the bottom of the hull. This is not an advertisement for Mike, or for you, but you both deserve a pat on the back for quality work. To prove some things out for this thread I did a couple of days of testing at the pond that is good information for this thread. With a perfectly straight bottom the mono and the prop you made for me the boat ran 70 mph on the stalker radar before I let off the trigger as the boat was coming straight at us. The boat was solid and not getting loose. Made 3 solid runs. Knowing that the boat itself was true I did not want to sand on it to loosen it up so I made up a prop that had reduced lift. The boat blew off the water at 69 mph. Point being......as you know already but others may not.....the lifting characteristics of the prop can be changed rather than the bottom of the boat.

Also.......I ran a Rico 31 inch electric last week that ran very wet with the same m series prop. I put a non lifting prop on it and it ran less wet with greater speed. Strut angle is key as well. I ended up kicking the strut back 1/2 degree and now the boat is ballistic. Straight bottoms are in my opinion the Best way to go and then tune the boat with the hardware.

David,

coming along?

Happy New Year,

Mark Sholund
Mark,

I ran one of your m447 props on my new 36 inch wild thing built by ML Boatworks specificaly for me. The wood he uses is top notch and the kit came out perfectly flat on the bottom of the hull. This is not an advertisement for Mike, or for you, but you both deserve a pat on the back for quality work. To prove some things out for this thread I did a couple of days of testing at the pond that is good information for this thread. With a perfectly straight bottom the mono and the prop you made for me the boat ran 70 mph on the stalker radar before I let off the trigger as the boat was coming straight at us. The boat was solid and not getting loose. Made 3 solid runs. Knowing that the boat itself was true I did not want to sand on it to loosen it up so I made up a prop that had reduced lift. The boat blew off the water at 69 mph. Point being......as you know already but others may not.....the lifting characteristics of the prop can be changed rather than the bottom of the boat.

Also.......I ran a Rico 31 inch electric last week that ran very wet with the same m series prop. I put a non lifting prop on it and it ran less wet with greater speed. Strut angle is key as well. I ended up kicking the strut back 1/2 degree and now the boat is ballistic. Straight bottoms are in my opinion the Best way to go and then tune the boat with the hardware. Just giving other options to modifying a hull that are quick and easily changed back if you don't get the results you desire.

Mark,

I ran one of your m447 props on my new 36 inch wild thing built by ML Boatworks specificaly for me. The wood he uses is top notch and the kit came out perfectly flat on the bottom of the hull. This is not an advertisement for Mike, or for you, but you both deserve a pat on the back for quality work.
John, can you post a few images of your new Wild Thing boat? Would love to see your set-up. Thanks

David. I just tried to download some pictures but the site said the pictures were too big.
John , you need to use "tinypic.com" its super easy, or send me a pm and I will get you my email addy and post them, for you.

Andy

David. I just tried to download some pictures but the site said the pictures were too big.
John, just save each pic into you PC picture file, then open each one with M/S Paint, reduce size by 50% and hit save. You should have no problems with file size after that. Most cell phone pics have gotten huge file size wise because of the high resolution.
default_smile.png

John, just save each pic into you PC picture file, then open each one with M/S Paint, reduce size by 50% and hit save. You should have no problems with file size after that. Most cell phone pics have gotten huge file size wise because of the high resolution.
default_smile.png

[/quote

Tried both tinypic and paint. no luck. The paint looks easy but I cannot find how to reduce the size. If I use attributes and chose a smaller size it just gives me a smaller portion of the picture that so blurry it is no good.

John I sent you a pm with my email. Just reply here or send me a message after you send them, and I will get them right up for you.

Andy

Just got off the phone with Don. His paint is different. I had to go to skew to downsize. Lets see what happens..........

Thanks Andy and Don!

The first picture is the SAW setup then the second one I added a turn fin. No tabs.

wildthing20131230_124605.jpg

wildthing20131231_124708.jpg

Back