Hollow Sponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One point of advice: You can probably loose all but 2 of the cooling fins. It will be way over cooled with it stock like that.

That's a Texan pipe, isn't it. That's what I run. They are awesome at 2" on the nose!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thxs its set up hull motor bought 2 ill cut one down this motor for race dayill be restricting flow of water with a water valve

I have had the engine in that boat for 4 years. Same as your NR. I have changed the bearings a few times, but never the piston and sleeve. Runs great! Those are awesome engines. How do you have the carb set up. Does it have the cut spray bar?

I have had the engine in that boat for 4 years. Same as your NR. I have changed the bearings a few times, but never the piston and sleeve. Runs great! Those are awesome engines. How do you have the carb set up. Does it have the cut spray bar?
Stock carb

Yep! It's Glenn's work. I've never done it myself, but it doesn't look too difficult. Apparently it's the best thing you can do to improve the carb's performance.

One point of advice: You can probably loose all but 2 of the cooling fins. It will be way over cooled with it stock like that.

That's a Texan pipe, isn't it. That's what I run. They are awesome at 2" on the nose!
Haven't ran it yet but took your advice an cut one head down

Puuuurfect!

I'm not home right now Kevin. I'll hook you up with pics tomorrow. You will need a remote needle. The one you have Kevin is the O.S AX .46, right? I've tried a ton of them, and that one works the best. A little pricey but.....

Not exactly sure,, it was one of them for a a 40 sized. Still way cheaper then the usual with the Don F. Base.

Started it up the other day and think I'm going to be 3 turns out on the needle. Started leaking air at 4.5 turns out. Was 18.99 at the local hobby shop.

Still monkeying around with the idea of putting a cowl on it or not. No real progress to report on.

Marty

Latest posts

Back