Hollow Sponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I way perfer building "built up" sponsons. (Stick and Tissue builder here) Foam is not for me.

The sponsons I did for the PeaShooter are very trick (I dont have a pic) but have epoxy vent holes for installing the brass boom tube mounts. You can install the brass bfore or after painting and not worry about getting enough epoxy around the mount tube or having it squish out around the install hole..

Anyway.. carry on.. love to see built up sponsons!

Grimracer

I finished the sponsons. I put t-nuts inside for the turn fin.

Gave them a flex test. I couldn't twist them.

I must say, they sure took a lot longer to build.

Marty

I was doing some calculations to see which color was faster, red or yellow. I discovered that with the same set up, yellow would give me at least 2 more mph.20150327_152906.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Spray pam on the bottom good for 3 mph
default_huh.png
Is this spray pam work? I will see how run test my boat in april

Marty out of curiosity do you know the weight difference between your sponsons. With and without the foam?

Also are you running the standard Nova or the new hotrod?

I have the old nova. It's a little tricked out. It's a screamer though!

As far as the weight difference. I haven't the faintest. I don't have a cooking scale. I always use the same AOA for my .12 sponsons and ski. The weight difference never has seemed to matter.

Now I have to get all the hardware in place, figure out where all the holes go, put the rear ski on, then I can seal and paint the tub. I got some pretty brilliant green for that.

20150329_202204.jpg

Still contemplating. I have a cowl for my other Hammerhead .12, but I never race with it on. It is pretty much just a dust cover when the boat is on display. We'll see. I would have to make a new mold, though.

Still contemplating. I have a cowl for my other Hammerhead .12, but I never race with it on. It is pretty much just a dust cover when the boat is on display. We'll see. I would have to make a new mold, though.
I decide not to run a cover

Not yet ran it going to try today if i get time locksmith on call its a lighting

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back