Hollow Sponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Secret revealed. I will be taking it to get some work done on it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be an improvement over the standard NR 12 5M.

20150513_162458.jpg

Going to have the engine honed and lapped, have the head clearance set, and have the shaft and flywheel worked on. That's about it.

I have an air cooled marine head for it courtesy of Jim Mamiril. The purple thing is going to become a key holder, or maybe I will put a handle on it and use it for tenderizing meat.

Got the motor back from Jim today. Turns really nice.

I got the 12 Plus 3SCT all strapped in and ready to go. I'll give it a test run tomorrow. Time to see if this new NR 12 is worth the extra 100 bucks.

20150518_232049.jpg

Marty

Marty,

It may like a little less volume pipe before you get it to really scream.

Looks nice with the airplane cooling head on it.

We like one of the carbon pipes on it so far.

Let us know how you like it?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

I ran it at the lake yesterday. It has been heat treated, honed, and lapped. The head clearance is between .005-.006. I was running it pretty rich. I have the Texan pipe at exactly 2". Even rich it is faster than the old engine.

I'm really diggin' this 12 Plus.

I'll post race vids on Sunday. Going to head down to Longview Washington for a D8 points race this Saturday.

By the way Mark. Jim Mamiril made that head for me. Looks a lot cleaner than the purple mushroom watchamacallit, and better than the water cooled head that I never use anyway.

Marty,

I was out last night testing and I can tell you the latest

Wilson Version 2 engine is UNBELIEVEABLE !!!

You have found one of the BEST 12 Motors I think.

It has even more POTENTIAL believe me.

Happy Holiday,

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

Back