Help identify this rigger..

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The old "winglet" trick... :) Only do it if it is REALLY wild on the straights. I have a 40/60 boat here that set low time at the nats back in 2002, (Marty) that has those on it.. The thing is FAST but a handful.

The old "winglet" trick... :) Only do it if it is REALLY wild on the straights. I have a 40/60 boat here that set low time at the nats back in 2002, (Marty) that has those on it.. The thing is FAST but a handful.
We hhave a forum about putting that for the boom tubes.. somebody posted a old video that a guy showed theres more drag on a round tube and less drag on the wings.

Yup I saw that video.... I almost jumped on that idea. Has anyone tried it?

We used the winglets back in the day to keep the front down on the short sprint boats.. they would blow over quite easy, they were two fast for the size so drag was not a factor. It was a "band aid" but it worked. The manufacturers figured out how to make a better boat and they went away.

Last edited by a moderator:
the guy in the middle is holding a Wing Ding.... from Octura boats... I .had one 40 and a 60 equipped with OPS engines...they were good boats...years later I built a Piranha from Prather just a fiber version of them.....lot of things have changed in the last 30 years.

the guy in the middle is holding a Wing Ding.... from Octura boats... I .had one 40 and a 60 equipped with OPS engines...they were good boats...years later I built a Piranha from Prather just a fiber version of them.....lot of things have changed in the last 30 years.
The boat on the left is a Crapshooter 40 with a K&B engine. The boat in the center (Unlimited Winner) is an Octura Wing Ding 45 with a K&B Engine. The Canard on the right is 60 OPS powered.

The boat on the left is a Crapshooter 40 with a K&B engine. The boat in the center (Unlimited Winner) is an Octura Wing Ding 45 with a K&B Engine. The Canard on the right is 60 OPS powered.
I have to find out if running the foil wing on the sponson tube is IMPBA legal? I hope so..going to start going threw the hull and sand it sometime this week.

I have to find out if running the foil wing on the sponson tube is IMPBA legal? I hope so..going to start going threw the hull and sand it sometime this week.
The hydro class is pretty much unlimited. Where you get into details are with the scale, sport 20, and sport 40 classes. Mono classes too.

Joe talked to Kevin Sheren lastnight.. told joe there legal!..So I guess it going on this crapshooter and if our light weight jae.12 is to flighty those are getting them too. Was told it helps keeps the front end planted down,helps from getting some blowovers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back