Guess what I found in the bottom of the retrieve boat Sunday!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickGlover

After breaking the ice off the pond to run boats, sorry I was dreaming. We haven't had much of a winter here in the south. We have been running boats all winter. Saturday I went to the pond to check on the retrieve boat. We had a rainstorm the day before ,the back end was full of water. Water was almost coming over the transom. I cut on the bilge pump and pumped out the water. Bob Kensil pulled up and was going to run boats. I got the life jacket and boat cushion out of the shed and put them in the boat. Had Saturday boat money to make. Came back later and passed Bob on the way out. Got the stuff out of the boat and put it back in our shed. Went back to the pond Sunday to run boats 3 or 4 of us out there. Ran boats most of the day many retrieval trips.. In and out of the boat. Earlier I had tried the other boat and the motor wouldn't crank. I used the same boat Bob had used. Close to the end of the day I jumped in the boat and saw something slithering on the floor. It was a snake in the bottom of the boat. I was standing on the backseat and he slithered back under the back seat. One of the guys there caught the snake by hand ,snakehandler I guess. It was A 3 ft water moccasen, a venomous snake. I had been riding around with it all day. Bob had ridden with it the day before. Shallow water in the boat warm, cold blooded animal. Held my feet up all day in the boat so I wouldn't get my feet wet. Thankfully didn't reach back to clear the leaves from the bilge pump.Who would think of a snake in the retrieve boat in the middle of winter? Could have ruined a full boat racing season.Might not have gotten to race my Nova .46 in my rigger or my tunnel boat. Guess my grandson would have had to take over. He is a better driver than I am anyway! See you soon in Charleston Tunnel Champs and Internats. Remember to check under the seat before you get in the retrieve boat. Rick

Bob is a brave person > I am sure if he had seen it there would have been a big hole where the snake was { Bob has a Desert Eagle .50 cal same as I do } there would be no bottom in the boat............................

That's the way we roll in Indiana

Rick Reisinger

Bob is a brave person > I am sure if he had seen it there would have been a big hole where the snake was { Bob has a Desert Eagle .50 cal same as I do } there would be no bottom in the boat............................

Rick Reisinger
Those are fun guns to shoot. I have one also. I bought mine before the gun band in the 90's. It is so old that it says made in Israel on the side.

We hang the moccasen from a lib at the lake for trophys after we wack them with the ore.

David

hey ricky, bless your heart,i hate dam snakes and i would have blasted a hole in the bottom of the boat with the .45! glad to hear you are o.k.,mikie.

Rick Reisinger
Those are fun guns to shoot. I have one also. I bought mine before the gun band in the 90's. It is so old that it says made in Israel on the side.
I too have a Isreali manufactured Desert Eagle .50 Action Express. :)

You southern boys are scared of snakes??????? I don't need to waste my good 50 cal ammo on no little snake. That's what big knives are for.

Bob Kensill

We ain't SCARED!!!!! Bob have you ever done any snake handling? That snake was under your seat all day. I guess you probably never had to use the boat cuz you didn't go lean. Rick

If I would have been setting there going after a dead boat and that snake came out from under the seat I would have left the boat and tried to walk or run on water.

Drove across "Alligator Alley" a couple years ago with my sweetie, stopped and went down to the fence to look at a big gator.

State trooper pulled up, rolled the window down and in his best Sherriff J.W. Pepper voice said:

"in case ya'll didn't know, that fence line is innnnnnnnfested with moccasins, ya'll have a nice day".

We were about an hour outta Ft. Meyers... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back