Go Engine and parts group buy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm running my 5 port at .009 with 60%, at the last race I took the lead at the start, lead the race for 3 1/2 laps when Jim Wilson finely past me. Jim was very impressed with the performace of my mono, he said he had to lean it all the way out just to pass me. nobody came close to passing me all day other than Jim. I am VERY IMPRESSED with this motor!!!! I can't wait to try out the 7 port when I get it.....

Lou

I'm running my 5 port at .009 with 60%, at the last race I took the lead at the start, lead the race for 3 1/2 laps when Jim Wilson finely past me. Jim was very impressed with the performace of my mono, he said he had to lean it all the way out just to pass me. nobody came close to passing me all day other than Jim. I am VERY IMPRESSED with this motor!!!! I can't wait to try out the 7 port when I get it.....

Lou
well wont be running mine till next year other than for break in as per instrucrions ( buggy ) this way she is good to go in the spring.

going in a 29 in seaducer and replacing a weak p5. header is tighter to the motor than the p5 header

head clearance is comming in at around .01 with my guages as it only goes down to .01 . need to see Terry for thiner ones.

thanks.

Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy's the order was placed with Go today. I should have the package in around 2 weeks. I will ship out your orders the day after I get the package from Go.

Thank you for your Business!

Oh on another note. We had are MN state Championship race this weekend. I got many complements on how well the Go engines were performing. I ran a OB converted 5 port on my Vision hull. First heat I was 1/2 a lap down at the start and finished first with no boats going dead in the water. Second heat I started in the middle of the pack at the start ran down three boat and while making the move on the leader I stuffed the boat coming out of turn 2. Third heat I nailed the start and stayed there. I can not wait for the GO Outboard sport engine and the Go OB powerheads to be ready to ship. They tell me that they are vary close.

Mark

Awesome job Mark! Tim was trying to tell me about it last night, but his phone kept cutting in and out. Always good to hear that the GO's are rocking!!

I can second the performance the the GO motor. Ask anyone who was there. The GO was signing a sweet tune and the Vision was a dancing !!!

Great job Mark

TL

For inboard use I have ran an OPS 3280 and a Cooper S-Pipe. The 3280 was much more of a grunt pipe. But the Cooper has it on top end by a good 5 mph with my setup in my sport 20. I prefer the Cooper S-Pipe.

Mark,Congratulations on you State Champ win. Lou, pipe choice has a lot to do with what type of hull you are running the engine in. Rodney, that's an impressive performance gain, What are you running for fuel, prop, and pipe length with with the S pipe, and the 3280?

I can second that the S pipe worked better in the sport 20 hydro of my brothers setup also. We gained about the same speed as Rodney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry, fuel and prop stayed the same. 45% Byron's fuel, and worked up 1440 for prop. Pipe length went anywhere from 8 1/4 to 7 3/4 for the 3280. I think I ended up settling on right at 8 inches with the Cooper S-Pipe.

Larry, fuel and prop stayed the same. 45% Byron's fuel, and worked up 1440 for prop. Pipe length went anywhere from 8 1/4 to 7 3/4 for the 3280. I think I ended up settling on right at 8 inches with the Cooper S-Pipe.
Is the s pipe the single outlet like i picked up????

Kevin, below is a picture of the S-Pipe

100_0926.JPG

Larry, I dont think the new ones come with the long front. That is just a picture off the website. Mine has a ring welded to it about where that fat band is.

Glad to here it got there OK.

These motors are a bit tight on the pinch. Like all of the Pro series of engines from Go. If you would like to shorten the breakin period on them. This is what I do to mine. Just remember if you do this. It is at your own risk. I can not contral the quaulity of the outcome. I remove the piston and sleeve. I give the piston a few turns betrween my fingers with some 600 wetdry paper. Then I check the fit and repeat if needed. I do this until I get the piston to seat about .150" from the top of the sleeve.

Mark

I had an O.S. sleeve and piston that were real tight. It would not turn over cold with the starter. What I did was use a heat gun to heat the head up to 200 degrees and then I bench started the engine. Run rich with no cooling and make sure temp stays around 200 degrees. After a few tanks, the engine loosened up a bit.

Mark

I got the 7 port today. Is anyone having problems with the springs that come with the header. Both of mine broke when I test ran the motor I replaced it with one I had from cmb and it's been fine.

Lou

Back