Gas run times???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcazz

Anybody that runs a Gas engine, Modded or not, how long can your boat go on the water on a tank of gas, and how big is your gas bags/tanks...

Also, What are the advantages of a steel pipe, compared to aluminum, and what does a water cooled header serve?? Thanks everyone for your input.

i can run at least 14-15 laps wide open on a 500ml bag. Steel resonates better then aluminum, and holds the heat in better... IE more power. During the hot summer months, i dont think the steel really has any advantage over aluminum though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking for mabe 20-30 min run times?? is this possible with a modded Zenoah?? were talking like the 400-500 dollar range kind...and what about the water cooled headerS? Note: Boat is a blast cat

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking for mabe 20-30 min run times?? is this possible with a modded Zenoah?? were talking like the 400-500 dollar range kind...and what about the water cooled headerS? Note: Boat is a blast cat
The gasser I run is a 26CC Quickdraw and I know if I run it for 20 min the engine life expectancy will drop off real quick. I think the higher end engines in the $400-$500 range aren't really designed to run that long. You'd be better off running a stock Zenoah than a hopped up racing engine. You're gonna want to use every form of cooling you can get i.e. header cooling, maybe a wet pipe in addition to the stock cooling

Arnt these the same engines as the Mo-peds??? expect with water cooling, my freinds have a couple and the run the living **** out of them miles and miles they drive, whats stopping these with water that only limit them too 20 min being a long run time??? i am not talking about being at wot the whole time, it will be on off throttle action some good rec fun, no racing even though i am putting a modded engine in there, besides that i herd that modded lasts just as long as stock is this true too??? help! lol....

you can run for 20-30 minutes with a 1000ml bag (or 32oz tank). Water cooled header helps to pull heat from the cylinder.

As long as you keep the engine temp correct you should be fine. If the temp is fine for 10 minutes then I would think it is fine for an hour or a day or whatever. I do not see where extended run time will will shorten the life since the motor is only good for some unknown number of rotations. I would bet that you would never wear it out.

As long as you keep the engine temp correct you should be fine. If the temp is fine for 10 minutes then I would think it is fine for an hour or a day or whatever. I do not see where extended run time will will shorten the life since the motor is only good for some unknown number of rotations. I would bet that you would never wear it out.
You're right... as long as you keep the temp in check, it doesnt matter if you run 1 minute or an hour. If these motors couldnt take being beat on for long periods of time, i would not have any running motors... as i dont take it easy on mine, but do always keep them on the rich (safe) end of tuning. Theres also marathon races that go for like 40-50 laps.

werun 8 minute heats here on this side of the pond that about 27 laps.. i do that with a 500 cc bag with a modded zenoah ..running a 1000 cc bag it will give you at least 20 minutes of run time .. we also do 2 hours endurance races .. go figure ... a friend of mine , Andre has a zenoah motor that has at least 80 sacks of 1000 cc fuel burned ... his motor is still one of that fastest ...

have fun |!

Jeroen

Back