Futaba R603FF 2.4 GHz FASST Receiver

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunnelbill

Is anyone running the R603FF Receiver in your boats? I would like to hear how they are working for you.

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry,

To clarify the Futaba receivers, the 603fs has two antenna's and the 603ff uses one. The actual receiver electronics are identical.

The heat issue is more noticed in cars. Mikey had a heat situation with his Red Man, we changed to the fs receiver and I don't think he's encountered any more issues. With the tuned pipe running along side the radio box and completely cowled in, there was major heat build up in the back end of that boat. I checked my installation (Barhdal same hull) and I have the same heat problem but I have always used the fs receiver in that boat.

Granted we're still a little on the up side of the learning curve with the boats. I've been on 2.4 now for two full years without a single bump. My antenna's are completely inside the radio boxes without issue.

Ron Zaker Jr. is making the change over to 2.4 so I think we've proved the system overall.

It sure does ice the illusion for the scale boats to not have the antenna sticking out the top, sure makes a rigger look clean also.

If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask

Good luck

gh

hi, just brought the futaba fasst system [r603fs] has only 1 entena, im running hitech hs-81 servos for throttle and third channel, problem is i cant put the servos in reverse, and now they wont go at all, [think their blown] i hook other servos up and they work but still cant get them to work in reverse,could some one help me out as to why this might be happening,the hitech servos were brand new, should i be running digital servos to get them working in reverse,any help will be very muchly appreciated

cheers

hi, just brought the futaba fasst system [r603fs] has only 1 entena, im running hitech hs-81 servos for throttle and third channel, problem is i cant put the servos in reverse, and now they wont go at all, [think their blown] i hook other servos up and they work but still cant get them to work in reverse,could some one help me out as to why this might be happening,the hitech servos were brand new, should i be running digital servos to get them working in reverse,any help will be very muchly appreciated
cheers
I like your BIG truck I always wanted one :D

On the radio . Use the up botton till you come to menu number two. Then hit the select botton once.

Then using the down botton scroll down to CH-REV. Then hit he selct botton. A screen with the channels will apeer. Now you can select the channel you need to revesre. Oh try your servos on an other radio. Or in PCM mode. In time it will come to you.

Be Cool

Bob

cheers
I like your BIG truck I always wanted one :D

On the radio . Use the up botton till you come to menu number two. Then hit the select botton once.

Then using the down botton scroll down to CH-REV. Then hit he selct botton. A screen with the channels will apeer. Now you can select the channel you need to revesre. Oh try your servos on an other radio. Or in PCM mode. In time it will come to you.

Be Cool

Bob
If its set for digital servos it might have fried the servos and or rec. Make sure its set for regular servos even if one is digital.

thanks bob and mikey for the help,bob iv tried numerous times to set the the servos the way you discribed but still the same,mike i havent found where to set the servos in non digital mode,[some help there will be handy] ill keep looking,the receiver seems good on other servos[ larger futaba] they will plug straight in and work, ill will try jr receiver in the boat to see if the hitech sevos work, iv been abit lost didnt want to buy more servos $$ for the same result, so thanks again for this info, its been a frustating time

cheers again

thanks bob and mikey for the help,bob iv tried numerous times to set the the servos the way you discribed but still the same,mike i havent found where to set the servos in non digital mode,[some help there will be handy] ill keep looking,the receiver seems good on other servos[ larger futaba] they will plug straight in and work, ill will try jr receiver in the boat to see if the hitech sevos work, iv been abit lost didnt want to buy more servos $$ for the same result, so thanks again for this info, its been a frustating time cheers again
David,

If you are running analog servos with the Fasst system make sure the radio is set to PPM, not HRS. HRS will only work with digital servos. You will also loose the fail safe functionality by switching to PPM.

Take a look at this post on the dock: Fasst servo buzzinn

TYler

thanks bob and mikey for the help,bob iv tried numerous times to set the the servos the way you discribed but still the same,mike i havent found where to set the servos in non digital mode,[some help there will be handy] ill keep looking,the receiver seems good on other servos[ larger futaba] they will plug straight in and work, ill will try jr receiver in the boat to see if the hitech sevos work, iv been abit lost didnt want to buy more servos $$ for the same result, so thanks again for this info, its been a frustating time cheers again
David,

If you are running analog servos with the Fasst system make sure the radio is set to PPM, not HRS. HRS will only work with digital servos. You will also loose the fail safe functionality by switching to PPM.

Take a look at this post on the dock: Fasst servo buzzinn

TYler
thanks racemechanix,i was tring to opperate the system in hrs, that web sight, iv been trying to join up but haveing no luck over the last few months, must"nt like me for some reason, so i cant get to read that thread

Hi David,

When you get to the CH-REVERSING screen all you need to do is push + or - to make the change.

then end end twice to return to the main menu.

it`s easy after you do it a few times You know like riding a biycle :D :D

Change modulation Menu 3 Push select botton then down botton to MOD-MODE

Select your mode PPM PCM HRS This selection will stay with that model You can have differant

models with differant modulation. :rolleyes:

Clear as mud but it will come to you :D :D Easy way back to main menu is end end. Oh just push those buttons

h

Hi David,

When you get to the CH-REVERSING screen all you need to do is push + or - to make the change.

then end end twice to return to the main menu.

it`s easy after you do it a few times You know like riding a biycle :D :D

Change modulation Menu 3 Push select botton then down botton to MOD-MODE

Select your mode PPM PCM HRS This selection will stay with that model You can have differant

models with differant modulation. :rolleyes:

Clear as mud but it will come to you :D :D Easy way back to main menu is end end. Oh just push those buttons

h

well i just tested the servos with different system,they must of burnt out, still no go

when i was trying to change to reverse mode i didnt hit the end button twice,maybe that could be the problem

iv changed back to pcm mode, will that stop the servos from blowin up,

what servos should i be useing do you think ??

thanks again

ps hope you all have a very merry chrissy and a very happy new year

Watch out RX " PPM and PCM can use gerernal kind of servos but except HRS match to only Futaba digital servo if you use different kind( simple Hetic,JRor etc )digital servo so may damage or burn out onto the RX then will be not cover warrenty period!! Good Luck!

Everyone,

Thank you for the info. I guess it is safe to run the Ant. inside the radio box, that is very Cool :D .

Happy Holidays,

Bill

cheers
David,

The 603fs does have two antennas, one is about 5" long exiting the receiver case the other is a coil and stays inside the case. You will only see one. The 603ff does not have the coil.

gh

cheers
David, the fs receivers has 2 antennas, one is internal and one comes out of the casing...

Latest posts

Back