Futaba BR4000 Battery Checker

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have the Futaba BR4000 battery checker? No real instructions with it out of the box. How do you test servos and receivers with it? The battery testing I have figured out.

Interesting, I have to BR2000 and read through the instructions of the 4000 to compare. In the advertising it mentions checking servos but there is nothing in the manual about it unless I missed it.

I saw that servos were never mentioned in manuals.

Does it read LiFe capacity correctly ? does 6.68 result in a 100% capacity reading on LiFe ?

Curious as there is no battery tester I have seen yet that is programmed correctly to tell the capacity of a fully charged LiFe pack.

Every single one of the Chinese junk ones are programmed incorrectly and they all run same screwed up program. A fully charged LiFe only shows 78% to 83% capacity when it is fully charged at 6.66 to 6.68 volt. The dummies think a LiFe is like a LiPo where it retains the over nominal voltage like a LiPo does. LiFe do not do that so they are always worthless for testing LiFe's for full capacity even never mind any other state of charge would be way off.
Not that you can tell capacity of a LiFe with a voltage reading as you can't except at 100% capacity if you had a tester programmed correctly to display that.

Back