Fuels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I have checked, I have access to odonnell, omega, trinity, and blue thunder(heard it was crap). Im guessing odonnell is the way to go? What color is fuel when it is just mixed without colors?
it tends to be clear with a little yellow tint from the nitro i used to use Odonnell when i ran cars very good fuel now we mix our own its cheaper that way when we run 8 to 9 boats

Gavin

Mean Green is correct. Clear with a slight yellow tint; and very tough to see in the pressure line when filling the tank. That is until it runs out the end of the pipe. Ask me how I know... :huh: :huh: :huh:

Walt, I run a mix of Morgan synthetic (4%) and LB625 (8%). Total 12% oil. Just works for me. I also have some Klotz techniplate sitting on the shelf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon,I'm with you, but don't see the need for so many additives.

I like to mix my own too, Pro Nitro and Alky from World Wide Racing fuels with a touch of Morgan Cool Blue. :D

Mmm....... I can smell it now :rolleyes:

But I still have some Morgan fuel I've had for a couple of years from the CMDi bulk buy. Still run it sometimes when I use 60% and never had any issues or bearing failures, but they may not be making any more high nitro fuel if I remember correctly.

One of the reasons I like to mix my own is to control oil content. The Red Max I bought a while back had 20% oil content :blink: . Too much for me, and especially for my little 20 motors.
Walt, When i call FHS for the 900RM blend I tell them how much oil I want. Usually 16% oil for 65% for my 20 boats. 20% oil for 50% nitro for the big motors. No caster in any. Last 4 gal. order was 17.00 shipping to NJ B) B)

I like to mix my own too, Pro Nitro and Alky from World Wide Racing fuels with a touch of Morgan Cool Blue. :D

But I still have some Morgan fuel I've had for a couple of years from the CMDi bulk buy. Still run it sometimes when I use 60% and never had any issues or bearing failures, but they may not be making any more high nitro fuel if I remember correctly.

One of the reasons I like to mix my own is to control oil content. The Red Max I bought a while back had 20% oil content :blink: . Too much for me, and especially for my little 20 motors.
Walt, When i call FHS for the 900RM blend I tell them how much oil I want. Usually 16% oil for 65% for my 20 boats. 20% oil for 50% nitro for the big motors. No caster in any. Last 4 gal. order was 17.00 shipping to NJ B) B)
Is there a diff between 900RM and the Boat blend that they sell? I have not seen 900RM on my price sheets

I ordered 40+gal. from them last Nov. with 15% oil. It's good stuff.

It's time to order some more.

-Buck-

Ray,

I bought 65% off the shelf from Phils Hobby shop.

I didn't call them direct.

That's a great shipping rate for sure.I get hazmat fees on the drums I get :(

Jon,

I've just been using straight Morgan synthetic with good results. I haven't used anything else. I figure, if it ain't broke, don't fix it on that one.

Is there a diff between 900RM and the Boat blend that they sell? I have not seen 900RM on my price sheets

I ordered 40+gal. from them last Nov. with 15% oil. It's good stuff.

It's time to order some more.

-Buck-
Buck,

The boat blend also uses the 900 RM. The Red Max boat fuel I had did.

Walt, I use the LB625 because I have 5 gal of it, and it works well at low % oil mixes. I found a strarnge issue with the carb barrel sticking, so I added a little of the Morgan blue. I know several records that were set with home brew and only the Morgan blue, good stuff. Once I run out of the LB625, I'll use straight Morgan Blue.

What is morgan blue? Is it coolpower? Blue thunder?
Morgan 2 stroke cart oil. Andy and John Brown used it to set several records so alot of people followed. If I am not badly mistaken when we started making our own fuel Andy said that he had seen no difference in Cool Power but they were out and he had tried the cart oil. We have been using Cool Power for alot of years and it has worked well for us.

Allen Waddle

I run Turbodog. It's a fine south Louisianna brew. .....
Actually, I mix my own fuel: Angus Nitro, Morgan MeOH, Ucon LB625, and Morgan blue synthetic, and occasionally Klotz red synthetic. Fuel is dark purple/black in color, just like Turbodog! (Makes it easy to see in the fuel lines) IF the particular batch is more purple, I'll call it Purple Haze...................
Jon, where do you get the lb625?

mike b

Back