Fuels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez.... its been a while since you bee in here!

Usually mix our own fuel, but Redmax and Technology fuels are very good.

~James

Yeah, I would visit more, but I am really busy with school right now. Summer break is about to start and i got about 1 month before summer school starts. I figured I would try to get back into rc over the summer. I still got some old fuel, but im not sure if running old fuel is safe. I have to buy new batteries because they are all dead, but that is just a minor setback. Just wondering though, how do you take care of stripped threads?

What is your favorite brand of fuel?

Odonnell Boat fuels, But the recent changes has the prices @ $50 per gallon & No One stocks it locally. Still the BEST fuel Money Can Buy. Burns SuperClean & Make Great Horsepower. Recently bought several case of Technology Fuel. Runs Clean & Makes Good HP. Approx 25.00 per gal earlier in the year. This is mfgered by John Otto out of Brandon FL. Red Max Prices Have skyrocketed & there fuel Oxidizes all of your steel parts during a run. Not Preferred...... REDMAX I would guess cheap contents of oil package..... ODONNELL #1 Fuel Xtremely hard to get your hands on todate. Techonolgy Fuels a Great alternative. Fresh, Obtainable & Afforadable.

This is our second year using WildCat PROMIX (3rd year for me) on this side of the pond and we get it from the States, so far we are very pleased.

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in my racing days, I used Technology Fuels from John Otto. Great fuel and he's at most race's in Florida so availability is no problem, plus the price is right. Highly recommended. I also use Redmax and it works fine, no complaints but I did order it with some castors oil in it. O' donnell is supposed to be good, never use it, because it's way to pricey for me and availabilty is somewhat difficult in Florida.

John

I use technology fuel from Jon Otto he will mix it any way you want 27.00 a gallon
John Otto's Technology Fuels are great but he will not ship, so really only a semi local source down south. :huh:

RedMax in the 900RM blend has been the standby for a long time, I've personally not seen the oxidization thing Joe referred to. :unsure:

I ran the 900RM blend for a long time before I started mixing my own. I just bought 7 cases of RedMax 60% 900RM last month when I saw how much straight nitro went up unless I bought a full 53 gallon drum, wow what a change from last year. :(

Those are all really good fuels ya'll are talking about (and I've used them all)...but # 1 is POWERMASTER!!! you don't hear much about it is some areas of the country, but it is REALLY good! Makes as much power as the rest of them, is easy on the motors, and is VERY consistent from one gallon to the next. And the fuel comes in nice metal cans with sealed lids.

It is worth looking into....

Glenn

Those are all really good fuels ya'll are talking about (and I've used them all)...but # 1 is POWERMASTER!!! you don't hear much about it is some areas of the country, but it is REALLY good! Makes as much power as the rest of them, is easy on the motors, and is VERY consistent from one gallon to the next. And the fuel comes in nice metal cans with sealed lids.

Glenn

Glenn who sells it??

What is your favorite brand of fuel?
I am sure that everyone has had great suggestions, but I would recommend finding one of the brands listed that can be bought in your area. Unless you’re buying very large quantities, the shipping cost on one or two gallons can be expensive.

Glenn

Glenn who sells it??

ya where do you get it and how much is it a gallon for 70%

chris

I run Turbodog. It's a fine south Louisianna brew. .....

Actually, I mix my own fuel: Angus Nitro, Morgan MeOH, Ucon LB625, and Morgan blue synthetic, and occasionally Klotz red synthetic. Fuel is dark purple/black in color, just like Turbodog! (Makes it easy to see in the fuel lines) IF the particular batch is more purple, I'll call it Purple Haze...................

Jon,

I'm with you, but don't see the need for so many additives.

I like to mix my own too, Pro Nitro and Alky from World Wide Racing fuels with a touch of Morgan Cool Blue. :D

Mmm....... I can smell it now :rolleyes:

But I still have some Morgan fuel I've had for a couple of years from the CMDi bulk buy. Still run it sometimes when I use 60% and never had any issues or bearing failures, but they may not be making any more high nitro fuel if I remember correctly.

One of the reasons I like to mix my own is to control oil content. The Red Max I bought a while back had 20% oil content :blink: . Too much for me, and especially for my little 20 motors.

Last time I have checked, I have access to odonnell, omega, trinity, and blue thunder(heard it was crap). Im guessing odonnell is the way to go? What color is fuel when it is just mixed without colors?

Back