Freezing!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40.. 45.. Blizzard!.. Hell. I should have built a boat. Hope for a slow thaw men... Ohio made the news... good luck. mike

Ummmm I think Mark Sholund And I have y'all BEAT!!! We've gotten 244" of snow so far on the Leelanau Penninsula. I ski race on Thursday's. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE 4 DEGREE'S THIS THURSDAY!!!! HELP!!! Were gonna be in single digit's all week!

Not sure if anyone saw it, but along the coast of Lake Michigan where we live, these RARE ice caves formed. 20-30 feet tall! They were awesome. Search Leland ice caves. We are in a deep freeze here fella's!

joe

Joe,

You are right, I think we have most beat this year.

It has been snowy and colder this year.

Just think Spring is only a month or so away.

It may take awhile for the 24" ice to melt this Spring.

Can't wait to find my shop this Spring.

Talk To You Soon Joe,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
But are your roads closed? We have had some of our roads closed several times this winter due to snow and ice. Just yesterday afternoon, I-90 was closed due to heavy snowfall

Ummmm I think Mark Sholund And I have y'all BEAT!!! We've gotten 244" of snow so far on the Leelanau Penninsula. I ski race on Thursday's. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE 4 DEGREE'S THIS THURSDAY!!!! HELP!!! Were gonna be in single digit's all week!

Not sure if anyone saw it, but along the coast of Lake Michigan where we live, these RARE ice caves formed. 20-30 feet tall! They were awesome. Search Leland ice caves. We are in a deep freeze here fella's!

joe
Awesome! --> http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4782719

Yeah, somebody said the UP was super buried this year... sorry guys... All the Mn guys are chuckling at us pissing... going into March with 28 inches on our lake and -15 ambient tuesday night again is just getting redundant is all... one more week bad cold... idk, it'll be nasty for everybody as they advertised as much as 108 degree swings in March, and a fast thaw if any will cause destruction.... more time to ice fish maybe... 'ceptin i need an auger extension.... build 'em up men... lets have some sun... Mike

Ok, 16 below this morning... Ski race went well last night. Minus 1 but there was no wind.

I'd be happy to get into the 20's right now. We were in TN last week where they tied their high of 78 degs one day. The rest of the days were high 50s to mid 60s. Back to Michigan and its 7 below this morning. Yikes. This water is tough on props...

We were in the low 60's early this week, 5* this morning. nothing like yoy guys in the great white north, but very cold for the midatlantic (va.). i had thought my pond had about 1/3 of it thawed. checked yesterday, it's just water from the snow melt on top of 8" of ice. no boats yet.

1 to 3 tonight.. 3 to 5 more tomorrow night... aaaaaand tuesday, well, that, is too fa off yet for 'em to tell... 16 below.. you win... we only made -10, and rose from there... sick 'o bein sick of it... liftin it, throwin it, slippin on it, drivin in it, and workin out in it... this latest band is going to crush Tom, and the guys east, too... bummin... shop's too cold to work in... 'goin fishin, maybe.. 'cept, its too thick to drill anymore... on the down low... 30's end of the week.... hang on men... theres light.... keep pilin it up... Mike

Here comes. TITAN. Hunger down
default_smile.png
:)

Nails

more late-winter snow back east. While, here in Los Angeles, we just (maybe 25 minutes ago) experienced a second moderate earthquake in two weeks. DisneyLand (Anahiem) was just shut-down........

Heck if i was still in Michigan i could still be skiing at Boyne Mountain sounds good but i pass since i use to this weather in Florida oh by the way they still having the races on torch lake in winter

Robert,

What's Florida like from June to September? I met up with an elderly couple while vacationing in Ohio the first week of June last year. They come from Florida each year to get away from the heat. I believe her exact words were "our summer is no different than your winter, you have to stay inside to get away from it". And what about hurricanes? I've never seen one of those.

Ron

Ron June can be a little hot i am in south east florida we always have a ocean breeze and no i dont stay in at all, hurricanes we havent had in a while been through a few wasnt bad as far as i am concerened really August is the worst month might hit mid 90s but not having the humidity you have there, remember this in thew summer you go from air conditioned house to air conditioned work and back again, on weekends i am at the ocean or by the pool oh thats all year long. The older people cant handle the weather here thats why they come down spend there money and go. September can be hot but not like August starts cooling some in September i wont move back to Michigan i love it here

Latest posts

Back