Freezing!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stole this from Jim's
default_biggrin.png

Pete i feel ya ready to run ....cant wait....there going to be another race this year in milan hope so got some new toys this year and old...lol

Got 2' of snow since midnight. that's over an inch an hour for 18 hours average! they're saying 4" more tonight, then another 4 to 6" tomorrow afternoon & evening. i sitll had snow on the ground from january. not sure we've been above 35* for more than a couple hours on a VERY few days for 3 weeks. on another thread i said i thought i had 4 to 6" of ice on my pond. then i checked it, more like 8". that was a few weeks ago, yesterday it was 13". guess i'll build something.

Robin getcha an auger..... 'an fish it.... 4" hold a guy... mess 'o brim never hurt anybody... lol... We BROKE freezing today, after 31 days of below 0 lows this winter... 40's maybe next week... heat wavin' it... finally... Mike

I'm SOUTH of the mason-dixon line mike. i don't think they know what ice fishing is here, much less have an ice auger. actually a splitting maul & a digging bar work fairly well.

Robin, here in the north Chesapeake area we got 12" of snow and 3 in of sleet on top. The bay never freezes to the point of being able to walk on it. We did have a really good neighborhood football game in the snow......my shoulders still stiff!

13" here in Newark, DE....another 3"-6" over night....Deldot and Pendot's salt houses are empty.....i'm done with snow this year!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody is saying it but the polar vortex thing is a result of climate change. Normally the really cold air stays at the poles.

Robert, Finally warmed up a bit in N. CA yesterday and left a left a window open all night. 64 in the house this morning- Just right. Hope you have the 67 Mono going strong.

Glenn

Its been real cold for 45 days here in Michigan, plus record monthly snow fall, not all at once, just a daily thing, something to do with the suns magnetic field switching or some Al Gore problem.

We are supposed to hit 40 deg by Wednesday, first time in some 50 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
wish some of this snow and rain (like 13 inches) would come our way here in South Calif. before spring and summer comes. Not one signficant storm through January or February so far. Rediculous!

Back