Frame up a Circus/ Miller U-31 8700 Hull in an Hour?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
So I got in the laser cut framing kit to build the 8700 U-31 Circus Circus/ Miller High Life today. Just spent an hour +/- 15 minutes, and got the whole thing framed up. I am now adding laser scored match lines to all future frames. This makes building an 1/8th scale almost impossible to build not square. This kit has the offset center and reverse dihedral (anhedral- can't remember how its spelled) inside sponson. Enjoy the pics. I am going to add the battens now since the night is still young! haha, Mike

IMGP1787.jpg

IMGP1786.jpg

IMGP1788.jpg

IMGP1789.jpg

IMGP1790.jpg

Ok, so another hour and a half has gone by, and I got all the battens installed. Grand total 2.5 hours to get the majority of the framing together. I think that is a pretty decent timeframe? haha, more pics below. Mike

IMGP1791.jpg

IMGP1792.jpg

IMGP1793.jpg

IMGP1794.jpg

I have been following your build threads and I think you are doing something really good for the hobby. Excellent work. When you get the 87 bud kit ready to go I will want a kit. Will it be just the frames only or will it have the skins included also? Also will you scale it for other classes like you have with your other kits?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff, I will start out with it being 1/8th scale, and depending on the requests for other sizes, I can then go from there. I do have some other plans coming my way that I have to do first for other clients before I get the bud finalized. When I do the late 80's bud, it will start out as a framing kit. Once I have time to build a frame, I will then do the sheeting kit for it. Its will just take time, and buying the framing kit alone to check for proper fitment before I offer it costs me a LOT of money! I will keep everyone updated when I have new kits ready, Mike

I too have been following your threads. Excellent work and a great idea. When the kits are ready I will be in line to buy one.

Rick

Rick, I already have a few kits ready, and just got in a bunch more plans today, so I will be starting on laying those out asap. What hull did you have in mind? Let me know, Mike

I am interested in the Circus / Miller kit. How much will you be selling the frame kit for?

Rick, I already have a few kits ready, and just got in a bunch more plans today, so I will be starting on laying those out asap. What hull did you have in mind? Let me know, Mike

Latest posts

Back