Ford Ecoboost

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Jones

Anybody got a Ford Ecoboost vehicle? How long have you had it, how many miles, what are your opinions on it, etc?

-Joey

Google....... Ford Ecoboost failures You will be there a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't, but my mother has a 2.0 EcoBoost Fusion. ~22,000 miles. avg. 26mpg.
Thanks for the info Jim. That's pretty good!

Google....... Ford Ecoboost failures You will be there a while.
Thanks, Joe. Yeah, I've done a lot of reading over the past 4-6 months. I've read about some of the issues with the initial 3.5 offerings.

I have a buddy in FL that has the 3.5 ecoboost (2 of 'em..he and his wife have one). They like them, but like he says, "It 'ain't very eco when it boosts.." Ha!. They haven't had the issues that have popped up on the various forums across the 'net. Yet.

I did buy a '15 F150 a few weeks ago. With the new, smaller 2.7 ecoboost. I went to Huntsville for Christmas, and between here and there (very hilly), I averaged around 27 MPG. I'm very pleased with that. It should get a tad bit better...I've just crossed the 1K mile mark. Time will tell.

-Joey

The 3.5 Ecoboost once had a problem with condensation building up in the intercooler, causing stumbles and misfires. But that has been fixed, and I'm not aware of any other widespread endemic issues. The 1.6 in the Fusion/Escape had a couple of big (recall-requiring) problems, but that was only in 2013. The German carmakers are long known for having deposits build up in the valves and ports on their DI, but the only things I've found online about Ford engines is companies telling you it's a problem (usually without evidence) and conveniently they sell a kit or service to "clean" them.

I did buy a '15 F150 a few weeks ago. With the new, smaller 2.7 ecoboost. I went to Huntsville for Christmas, and between here and there (very hilly), I averaged around 27 MPG. I'm very pleased with that. It should get a tad bit better...I've just crossed the 1K mile mark. Time will tell.
That is awesome!

My '13 F-150 (W/Ecoboost) is only good for 16.5mpg average doing 78mph on the highway.

That is awesome!

My '13 F-150 (W/Ecoboost) is only good for 16.5mpg average doing 78mph on the highway.
Yeah, I don't do so well over 65. Probably 20ish, maybe. It's very happy around 60-65....provided you're not lugging up hills and passing folks.

I did put it in "sport" mode a few times. Wow! It changes the shift mapping to be a bit later...so you get more RPM per gear. It's very responsive, but not very "eco"
default_cool.png

So far, so good. We'll see. Many more miles to go.

-Joey

I found this on youtube today, The vid is choppy though

Hey Rene,

Yeah, saw those videos a while back. They beat the crap of it for sure!
default_laugh.png

-Joey

Joey I would say, maybe 1 in my future
default_biggrin.png
It's only been 3 weeks since I've owned it, but so far I really do like it. It won't be for everyone but for what I do, I am very pleased. It's going to be a boat/heli-hauling machine, that is for sure!

speedo.jpg

Back