• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale- Roadrunner twin 90

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
This bad azz Roadrunner twin 90 boat has very little time on it (basically like new) as Ralph built the tub for me late last winter (I did not have it finished in time for the SpringNats this past April). The motors are prepped and matched CMB Evo2000 90's with black powder coated water jackets. Black AB67 pipes with AB billet 90 headers are killer on these 90's, so far the top performers of the ones I've tried on this boat. The tub features a special addition to it by my request when it got built, the radio box lid is split into two separate pieces (stock is one piece) with a 2 inch divider that gives solid mounting for the pipe brackets and antennas. I hate pipes attached to radio box lids on twins, too much stuff to ask a single lid to keep in place if it gets dunked hard, I've seen too many twins lose pipes and lids this way, not for me. The radio box lids are G10 composite, lighter and stronger than sheet ply, the transom on both sides also with G10 as are the front and rear sponsons (twin 90 kit with G10 option is $900 plus shipping no hardware). Futaba 3501 for steering (300oz @ 6volts) and a 9405 for throttles (100oz. @ 6volts) and two 6volt 2150mah Nimh batt. packs. Boat is set up for independent dual RX's (2 switches, 2 batt. packs, 2 RX's) which is the only way I will run a twin, one controls steering and one controls throttles. The 2.4 RX's and Venom failsafes do not go with the boat (factory TX failsafe for 2.4 does not work unless you use digital servos which I do not run). Also has my custom needle bases fitted with OS manual needles. Walt Barney stainless tanks, Dick Tyndall turn fin, Speedmaster hardware except for the AB billet rudder pivot block that adapts the AB rudder blades to the Speedmaster mounts. Two AB prepped matched props as well. Paint is all PPG Concepts acrylic urethane. Boat will be turn key and race ready with just adding 2 RX's. There was alot of time, $$ and thought put into this Roadrunner twin and is as nice as they get. There are numerous I/W members who know this boat & have seen it run, there will be no disappointment to the future owner. I have attached a link to the pics I just uploaded. $2200 shipped in the continental U.S. Outside cont. U.S. and International will be extra depending on where it goes.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1041

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, compliments very very very nice boats ;)
Thank you. It really is an awesome boat, easy to tune with those big 90's and one of the best driving twins I've owned. Don't really want to sell it but recent unexpected developments outside the boating world dictate otherwise so I need to thin the fleet a bit ........... :(

Guys,

I have a special affinity over the years for twin riggers but not enough to own one. That may sound goofy but I have enough challenge with single engines much less than the twins. However, I have assisted with and launched many twins over the years. I watched Don run this boat at the Fall Nationals last month in Charleston and it was excellent. Extremely well built, precision tunes engines so well that it was hard telling one engine from the other. Sweet music. True thunder on the water. Don does an outstanding job building and his running boats as he is a perfectionist.

Don has 2 twin riggers, one powered with CMB 80's and the other with CMB 90's. The one for sale has the 90's and that ran during open water and it was one exceptional. He decided to run the twin with the 80's in the race (against John Finch's and my recommendations) and one engine became balky. He thought he got it straightened out enough to race but a gremlin came back. He finally got it working right but was late in the race.

If you are looking to break into the most exciting racing class that exists, the twin nitro rigger, then this is THE boat to go after. Other than putting on a pair of Depends the first time you run this boat, nothing else is needed. Go after this boat!

WOW Don, what a ride, my compliments, I wish I had the cash on hand. Again Incredible ride.

Killer setup !
Thanks Tom and others. It really is an awesome ride, smooth to drive but wicked fast, shreds the corners and the easiest twin I've had when it comes to tuning it, gotta love those big CMB 90's in that regard. As for Charleston .....yes, I should have listened to John & John at that race and run it instead of the first time in the water used twin 80 boat I tried to run (appears to have been a tank issue). Oh well live and learn right? Anyway this boat is top notch without a doubt & I'd keep it if I could but it makes more sense right now to work on getting the twin 80 boat right since my single F class boat runs the same 80 sized motors so I can also reduce my parts inventory. I don't really want to do this but sometimes life forces one to make difficult choices and because of that somebody will wind up with one hell of a twin. B)

If anyone is possibly interested in this twin without motors I will consider breaking it up, please p/m me directly. Current CMBRS91's are a drop in fit so if anyone has a pair that needs a home here you go. B)
Don.

I,am very interested in the boat complete with engines.

I have two brand new in box HR 91 engines and if you can take those as a part off the deal ( you can resell them) we could make some sort off deal.

If this is off interest please send me a pm.

If somebody else are looking for new HR91 engines please feel free to contact me as I would like to sell them.

This bad azz Roadrunner twin 90 boat has very little time on it (basically like new) as Ralph built the tub for me late last winter (I did not have it finished in time for the SpringNats this past April). The motors are prepped and matched CMB Evo2000 90's with black powder coated water jackets. Black AB67 pipes with AB billet 90 headers are killer on these 90's, so far the top performers of the ones I've tried on this boat. The tub features a special addition to it by my request when it got built, the radio box lid is split into two separate pieces (stock is one piece) with a 2 inch divider that gives solid mounting for the pipe brackets and antennas. I hate pipes attached to radio box lids on twins, too much stuff to ask a single lid to keep in place if it gets dunked hard, I've seen too many twins lose pipes and lids this way, not for me. The radio box lids are G10 composite, lighter and stronger than sheet ply, the transom on both sides also with G10 as are the front and rear sponsons (twin 90 kit with G10 option is $900 plus shipping no hardware). Futaba 3501 for steering (300oz @ 6volts) and a 9405 for throttles (100oz. @ 6volts) and two 6volt 2150mah Nimh batt. packs. Boat is set up for independent dual RX's (2 switches, 2 batt. packs, 2 RX's) which is the only way I will run a twin, one controls steering and one controls throttles. The 2.4 RX's and Venom failsafes do not go with the boat (factory TX failsafe for 2.4 does not work unless you use digital servos which I do not run). Also has my custom needle bases fitted with OS manual needles. Walt Barney stainless tanks, Dick Tyndall turn fin, Speedmaster hardware except for the AB billet rudder pivot block that adapts the AB rudder blades to the Speedmaster mounts. Two AB prepped matched props as well. Paint is all PPG Concepts acrylic urethane. Boat will be turn key and race ready with just adding 2 RX's. There was alot of time, $$ and thought put into this Roadrunner twin and is as nice as they get. There are numerous I/W members who know this boat & have seen it run, there will be no disappointment to the future owner. I have attached a link to the pics I just uploaded. $2200 shipped in the continental U.S. Outside cont. U.S. and International will be extra depending on where it goes. https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1041
While clearing out some shelf space in the shop I came across a box that had a pair of front sponsons for this boat that I actually forgot I had. I acquired these from a fellow twin racer and they are already painted white and ready to go. I will include these and a new spare set of boom tubes for no additional $$. B)

If I could sell half my fleet now to get this boat I would . The rush you get from driving one of these boats just blows away all other classes in my opinion . It's worth every drop of fuel !! Still trying to scam something here ...........

This bad azz Roadrunner twin 90 boat has very little time on it (basically like new) as Ralph built the tub for me late last winter (I did not have it finished in time for the SpringNats this past April). The motors are prepped and matched CMB Evo2000 90's with black powder coated water jackets. Black AB67 pipes with AB billet 90 headers are killer on these 90's, so far the top performers of the ones I've tried on this boat. The tub features a special addition to it by my request when it got built, the radio box lid is split into two separate pieces (stock is one piece) with a 2 inch divider that gives solid mounting for the pipe brackets and antennas. I hate pipes attached to radio box lids on twins, too much stuff to ask a single lid to keep in place if it gets dunked hard, I've seen too many twins lose pipes and lids this way, not for me. The radio box lids are G10 composite, lighter and stronger than sheet ply, the transom on both sides also with G10 as are the front and rear sponsons (twin 90 kit with G10 option is $900 plus shipping no hardware). Futaba 3501 for steering (300oz @ 6volts) and a 9405 for throttles (100oz. @ 6volts) and two 6volt 2150mah Nimh batt. packs. Boat is set up for independent dual RX's (2 switches, 2 batt. packs, 2 RX's) which is the only way I will run a twin, one controls steering and one controls throttles. The 2.4 RX's and Venom failsafes do not go with the boat (factory TX failsafe for 2.4 does not work unless you use digital servos which I do not run). Also has my custom needle bases fitted with OS manual needles. Walt Barney stainless tanks, Dick Tyndall turn fin, Speedmaster hardware except for the AB billet rudder pivot block that adapts the AB rudder blades to the Speedmaster mounts. Two AB prepped matched props as well. Paint is all PPG Concepts acrylic urethane. Boat will be turn key and race ready with just adding 2 RX's. There was alot of time, $$ and thought put into this Roadrunner twin and is as nice as they get. There are numerous I/W members who know this boat & have seen it run, there will be no disappointment to the future owner. I have attached a link to the pics I just uploaded. $2200 shipped in the continental U.S. Outside cont. U.S. and International will be extra depending on where it goes. https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1041
While clearing out some shelf space in the shop I came across a box that had a pair of front sponsons for this boat that I actually forgot I had. I acquired these from a fellow twin racer and they are already painted white and ready to go. I will include these and a new spare set of boom tubes for no additional $$. B)
The buyer I thought I had for this twin has not replied to my last 2 e-mails so now I need to bump it up as this killer ride is still available. I will also include a brand new uncut PHM carbon fiber cowl (cost $85 plus shipping) in addition to all listed above and lower the price to $2000 plus whatever actual packing, shipping and insurance will cost to get it to the new owner. B)

The buyer I thought I had for this twin has not replied to my last 2 e-mails so now I need to bump it up as this killer ride is still available. I will also include a brand new uncut PHM carbon fiber cowl (cost $85 plus shipping) in addition to all listed above and lower the price to $2000 plus whatever actual packing, shipping and insurance will cost to get it to the new owner. B)
HI DON KEVIN HERE DOES YOUR OFFER INCLUDE SHIPPING TO AUST???? IF SO CONSIDER YOUR TWIN SOLD

THANKS KEVIN.

LOL- He couldn't take it anymore :lol: :lol:
The funny part is that is exactly what he said in the p/m I got this morning. :lol:

He's gettin' a hell of a boat & I'm getting the roof on the Florida room repaired.

Hmmm, seems like he's gettin' the better end of things on this one............ :p

SOLD to Tom pending funds. :)
Is that Tom "Too Fast" Foley??
Yup. B)

Cant wait to see that boat in person, it looks VERY nice in the pic's...

Andy

Well it looks like Tom will finally have a good reason to race at the Fall Nationals in Charleston in October with the twin rigger class that runs. Don will be running again in it along with Doc, Jose, Joe, Mark, Chuck, Mark and others. Bring it on!

The funny part is that is exactly what he said in the p/m I got this morning. :lol:

He's gettin' a hell of a boat & I'm getting the roof on the Florida room repaired.

Hmmm, seems like he's gettin' the better end of things on this one............ :p
Florida room? you moving down here? :)

Latest posts

Back