flywheel question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro junky

I am having a hell of a time trying to get my flywhell off. you guys got any good tricks up your sleeve?

Billy

I heat mine up with a propane torch until its too hot to touch and it normally falls off. Also, it's handy to have good "battery terminal" puller, The type with the "cone adjuster" that adjusts the "jaws",,found in most Auto Parts places :)

nitro junky said:
I am having a hell of a time trying to get my flywhell off. you guys got any good tricks up your sleeve?
Billy

92471[/snapback]

Billy, if you use a puller, you should be able to get the flywheel off. You can get a small puller at your local auto parts store.Let us know how it works for you. Good Luck, Richard

nitro junky said:
Billy

92471[/snapback]

A small gear puller works great. The heat method may be ok a long as you're planning on doing bearings. Don't think that plastic retainer in the bearing is gonna like that heat too well. :unsure:

Bill,

I use a battery terminal puller from Sears and it has never failed, even on my 90's. Is about $9.00 in their auto center.

John

Ray Sametz said:
Nitro, Use some anti-seize on cone when you reassemble. Next time one or two taps witn nylon mallet it pops free. Ray
92581[/snapback]

Never lub a taper lock fywheel it can cause it to split. Assemble it dry.

Back