First Annual Nitro Winter Shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gang remember if you haven't done it already get your 2015 NAMBA/IMPBA memberships in right away.

They will be checked.

Entered!

Format question.

Will points from the 3 qualifying rounds carry over to the "championship heats"? I am assuming so, otherwise there would be a lot of ties.

* 3 QUALIFYING ROUNDS PER CLASS
* 2 CHAMPIONSHIP HEATS PER CLASS

They havent figured the format out yet
This is what the flyer reads.

* 3 QUALIFYING ROUNDS PER CLASS

* 2 CHAMPIONSHIP HEATS PER CLASS
I like that...3 and 2.
default_smile.png

Rick: I would like to apply for your sport 40 back-up driver. Also this is a great chance for me to bring the trophy to Brandon for you to take home. God bless, Perry

The way it was done at the recent Broward nitro shootout is, you had to earn x amount of points to make it to the finals. All those that made it to the finals started with 0 points again.

The way it was done at the recent Broward nitro shootout is, you had to earn x amount of points to make it to the finals. All those that made it to the finals started with 0 points again.
2 finals will only serve to create many ties.

This 3-2 format is good for large races with limited time, but points from the first rounds will need to be applied the the finals.

Tie breaking points would be best. If 6 boats are going into the finals then the 1st boat brings 6 points to the finals. The 6th place boat brings 1 point.

This basically gives everyone a clean sheet going into the finals.

Like the 3-2 format. Andy is correct on the best way to break ties. Basically the 6 to 1 points makes your qualifying position important. Ties get broken by earned points at the event.

Mic

2 finals will only serve to create many ties.

This 3-2 format is good for large races with limited time, but points from the first rounds will need to be applied the the finals.

Tie breaking points would be best. If 6 boats are going into the finals then the 1st boat brings 6 points to the finals. The 6th place boat brings 1 point.

This basically gives everyone a clean sheet going into the finals.

I have no idea yet, but your suggestion will be submitted to the group at the orginizational meeting.

Anyone have Bill Britton's email address so that we can notify him that the site it not working. Maybe all the nitro entries crashed the site.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back