8th Annual Winter Nitro Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Brad & Charles,
If we make it to 4 entries I'll make it 5
Didn't really want to enter it as I'd like to put it up for sale.
Rick ,PLEASE don't sell your Sport 20! I didn't realize that the class was offered until just now, so its probably too late to get 5 boats to make the class this time, but id like to start talking the class up again to get the class going! Brad and Charles, really sorry I didn't catch the add on for Sport 20, but I would sure get mine ready for the next race that might be coming up in Florida! Sport 20 hydro is my favorite class, and I would love to see it make a come back!

Great time here again, Weather was not so good on Saturday, but we all hung in there. Today was pleasant and sunny all day. You cant control the weather, but the club put on a nice one. Thanks to the CDs for good calling and the retreive boat operators were on the mark. Special to Larry for cooking some great burgers , dogs and egg rolls.
Thanks Ralph, Mark G and Mark A and Ron. And the hit for the race was Full Throttle Tommy Baffer for interesting
commentary on the mike .

Last edited:
What a great time as usual.

If there ever was a better example of why bigger isn’t better, I can’t remember it.
With the timing of the coldest weather of the year being the same time as this race, it went off perfectly.
Though the boat turnout was lower this year due to several reasons we have always had the time to get through the event. Even when twice as many boats were there. With around 15 classes it allows a nice pace and break times for lunch and always get through 5 rounds of racing. This year it was no different.
Thanks you to everyone in the Brandon club for all the hard work and Larry Beals for the food Both Saturday and Sunday.
Lots of competitors also pitched in as they should.
I’m sure I won’t remember everyone but Ralph again worked his butt off and only ran 2 boats I believe. Ron Drake didn’t run any and has family priorities and was still there working the race. Jeff whiddon didn’t run any boats and still worked his but off. This was so we could have a race and I really appreciate it.
Also there has to be more then one Brad Maglinger as he is everywhere helping anyway he can. Along with his side kick “Deadboat Tommy” 😂
We all raced and had tons of laughs and worked through the weather. Just how it should be IMO.
Thank you Jerry for all the help and laughs. Always fun man!
So good to get to see the friends in person I chat with often.
Thank you for making this race happen.

The 8th annual Nitro Nationals is in the books! I and the Brandon Model Boaters want to thank all the sponsors and contestants who make this a great event every year no matter where it's held. Wow!! What a great 4 days of water for this event! Other than a little cold weather we had great racing and a lot of fast boats represented in every class. I will post the winners later tonight after the smoke has cleared. I would like to especially thank :
Larry & Mae Beals for keeping us and the competitors fed all weekend or we would have passed😄
Jeff Whiddon Glad to have you back!

Thank you Brandon! Larry Beals not only fed us Saturday & Sunday he was in the stand judging and on the mic all day Friday! Ralph Almirola leads the Brandon team in getting things done on set up, during, and tear down! The new rail around the driver's stand is awsome!

The Brandon Club had some additional support from Brad Maglinger and "Full Throttle" Tommy Baffer in the stand too. Not sure if they practice their routines, but I never heard snowmobile talk over the mic at a Florida event before.

It was nice seeing so many from far away. Great people, fast boats & excellent drivers...this race needs to be on your racing schedule next January of 2023!

Back