Fall Nationals Race Information & Race Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Brett won the Shootout after Alex Black hit a hole on the last lap. Prior to that nobody was anywhere near Alex for 5 laps, so far ahead that Brett acknowledged that fact to everyone at the trophy presentations, pretty classy of him to say that if you ask me. Alex also won the twin nitro class and there were plenty of stout running twins just as fast or even faster than Brett but as the saying goes to finish first one must first finish which is exactly what he did in the Shootout. Congrats Brett! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks CMB Gang for another "world performance" race weekend. The racing, hospitality, facility, and event as a whole were awesome. Thanks especially to the retrieve boat guys for their help throughout the weekend. Thanks also to JJ and Joe Joe for the pig picking, band, and "other" festivities!!!!!........ :eek:

My gang had a wonderful time at the race. Congrats to all the winners. Safe travels!!

Reload and point it south Ron , plenty of time left to enter :)

NPR.......

Reload and point it south Ron , plenty of time left to enter :)

NPR.......
You have no idea how much I would like to be there Andy. I am hoping the dates work out in the future where there is at least a few weeks between this race and the Fall Nats.

Yes Brett won the Shootout after Alex Black hit a hole on the last lap. Prior to that nobody was anywhere near Alex for 5 laps, so far ahead that Brett acknowledged that fact to everyone at the trophy presentations, pretty classy of him to say that if you ask me. Alex also won the twin nitro class and there were plenty of stout running twins just as fast or even faster than Brett but as the saying goes to finish first one must first finish which is exactly what he did in the Shootout. Congrats Brett! :)
You gotta be there in the end to win !!! Congrats Brett on the win . As I told Brett to cool it as he was on his way to the win he let go of his radio wheel and spoke to me but the boat was still going fast and almost blew it !! Great competition through the whole race with some blistering heats that had the adrenaline pumping to extreme levels ! Some awesome sponson to sponson racing at high speeds was the order of the day for the whole race ! At one point or another I think everyones' Twin found a hole and flipped wildly or planted HARD !

Thanks to the CMB club and all the helpers and CD's in the tower that kept it all going . Fantastic weather and great people made this yet another memorable trip to the Fall Nationals for me . Thanks to all my fellow Twin drivers for bringing the heat that provides the rush in this class that I feed on !

Saturday nights food , bonfire and band really made for a nice evening with some great moments , photos and videos will surface !!!! Thanks all .

You gotta be there in the end to win !!! Congrats Brett on the win . As I told Brett to cool it as he was on his way to the win he let go of his radio wheel and spoke to me but the boat was still going fast and almost blew it !! Great competition through the whole race with some blistering heats that had the adrenaline pumping to extreme levels ! Some awesome sponson to sponson racing at high speeds was the order of the day for the whole race ! At one point or another I think everyones' Twin found a hole and flipped wildly or planted HARD !

Thanks to the CMB club and all the helpers and CD's in the tower that kept it all going . Fantastic weather and great people made this yet another memorable trip to the Fall Nationals for me . Thanks to all my fellow Twin drivers for bringing the heat that provides the rush in this class that I feed on !

Saturday nights food , bonfire and band really made for a nice evening with some great moments , photos and videos will surface !!!! Thanks all .
Absolutely! It killed me to watch and not to be able to run with you guys especially after how well mine ran Thursday evening but it was the right decision to make. Glad I was at least able to lend a hand in the tower a few times and hats off to the CMB club for eliminating the turtle issues, I don't think there was a single incident caused by a turtle all week. :)

Huge thanks to everyone that helped bring this race and after events together. This is by far one of the best events you can attend anywhere.

Thanks to the Corbin's for all their help this weekend. Can't wait for the Tunnel Champs next year and see how the Tunnel runs Randy!

Jeni, Deryl, thanks for keeping our spot for us and helping us in anyway possible. And Joe for the hospitality and allowing us to come back each year.

Big thanks to all our CD's. Stu, Chuck, Ferrette, And everyone else all did great jobs keeping the race moving.

Congrats to all the winners, and see you all next time.

-Mitch Sr, Tony, Brandon

The final results have now been posted to rcracingevents, race results, Charleston Model Boaters, 2013 Fall Nationals, located at http://www.rcracingevents.com

Race highlights:

1. The weather was outstanding, lows in the mid 60's, highs in the mid 70's to 80, no rain, light winds, perfect racing weather.

2. Racing was exceptionally fast with very intense competition among all of the racers, just what a national championship race deserves. Kudos to all of the racers who were kind and helpful when the race needed help to continue the race to progress forward.

3. Alex Black won the Twin Nitro, LSG Sport Hydro and 2nd in the F Hydro classes. Stan Simpson IV won E Mono, E Hydro and 2nd in D Hydro classes. An exceptional performance considering the incredible talent at the race for both racers.

4. The nitro twins were the most awesome display of raw thunderous power, having many on their feet with everyone watching. Alex Black's Roadrunner with CMB 91 VAC's was the best boat of the class and won it outright.

5. The top qualifiers for the all nitro Twin Rigger Shootout race were Alex, Tom Elkins, Larry Beals, Tom Foley, Ralph Almirola and Brett English. Ralph nailed the start and held it for 1.5 laps until he hit a hole from the wakes of the monsters running. Alex was running him down and took over the lead and was pulling away until he hit a hole on lap 6 between buoys 2 & 3. Brett took over the lead and took home his second consecutive Twin Rigger Shootout Championship. Congrats to Brett for winning the Shootout.

6. The most interesting race was a runoff in the Classic Thunderboat class for 1st place between Carol and Dick Loeb. Just think of the possibilities of the outcome of that runoff for the ride home and at the home front. Carol took the lead at the start and held it throughout the rest and took the win and the class. Carol is now a National Champion for the Fall Nationals for the first time. Well done to both Carol and Dick.

7. The Saturday evening redneck party was a real hoot as some videos are now popping up show. Greatest thanks for Joe Tumbleston, our lake owner and CMB member, for hosting it and providing a 125 lb. hog for the pig roast and getting a live band for it. Thanks to Jeni Johnson for coordinating the party for Joe and all.

8. My personal thanks to Stu Barr, Bruce Jacobs, Randy Corbin, Don Ferrette, Chuck Simmons, Ron Shaw and Ron Meek for assisting me with the CD duties. It takes a good team to CD a race this large and of the stature of the Fall Nationals. Special thanks to Margeaux Corbin for doing the scoring for me at the race.

9. Many thanks to all of the trophy class sponsors and those for the raffle as well. Zipp Kitts, Virginia Craftsman (Dick Tyndall), Venon CC Racing (Wayne Farrow), JackRabbit Racing (Don Ferrette) among the many that helped with the raffle.

10. There is one downside to the race however, and that were several racers that did not show up at the race and did not contact me in advance. There were a couple of people waiting for slots in classes that those racers held and ended not getting in. I did not know if they were delayed due to auto troubles, a later arrival at the race, etc. That is simply not right to do that to the host club and the other racers. Please use more consideration for future races and contact the race administrator in advance.

Looking forward to next years race, which will be October 10-12, 2014. Put it on your race calendar for 2014, you will not be disappointed.

After working on this race for the past 5 months, it is now time for a rest.

this is the 3rd year in a row weve been coming to this race, and every year its gets better!! every race theres always 1 boat and driver that stands out above us all...this year was Alex Black, a teeenager driving a twin vac 91 roadrunner...we gave it everything we had and that boy keep pulling :eek: ..i hope most of you guys will consider coming down to fla in january for our winternats..we have some great videos and people pictures that i will post soon...thanks CMB club for putting on a great national race!! :)

The final results have now been posted to rcracingevents, race results, Charleston Model Boaters, 2013 Fall Nationals, located at http://www.rcracingevents.com

Race highlights:

1. The weather was outstanding, lows in the mid 60's, highs in the mid 70's to 80, no rain, light winds, perfect racing weather.

2. Racing was exceptionally fast with very intense competition among all of the racers, just what a national championship race deserves. Kudos to all of the racers who were kind and helpful when the race needed help to continue the race to progress forward.

3. Stan Simpson IV won E Mono, E Hydro and 2nd in D Hydro classes. An exceptional performance considering the incredible talent at the race.

4. The nitro twins were the most awesome display of raw thunderous power, having many on their feet with everyone watching. Alex Black's Roadrunner with CMB 91 VAC's was the best boat of the class and won it outright.

5. The top qualifiers for the all nitro Twin Rigger Shootout race were Alex, Tom Elkins, Larry Beals, Tom Foley, Ralph Almirola and Brett English. Ralph nailed the start and held it for 1.5 laps until he hit a hole from the wakes of the monsters running. Alex was running him down and took over the lead and was pulling away until he hit a hole on lap 6 between buoys 2 & 3. Brett took over the lead and took home his second consecutive Twin Rigger Shootout Championship. Congrats to Brett for winning the Shootout.

6. The most interesting race was a runoff in the Classic Thunderboat class for 1st place between Carol and Dick Loeb. Just think of the possibilities of the outcome of that runoff for the ride home and at the home front. Carol took the lead at the start and held it throughout the rest and took the win and the class. Carol is now a National Champion for the Fall Nationals for the first time. Well done to both Carol and Dick.

7. The Saturday evening redneck party was a real hoot as some videos are now popping up show. Greatest thanks for Joe Tumbleston, our lake owner and CMB member, for hosting it and providing a 125 lb. hog for the pig roast and getting a live band for it. Thanks to Jeni Johnson for coordinating the party for Joe and all.

8. My personal thanks to Stu Barr, Bruce Jacobs, Randy Corbin, Don Ferrette, Chuck Simmons, Ron Shaw and Ron Meek for assisting me with the CD duties. It takes a good team to CD a race this large and of the stature of the Fall Nationals. Special thanks to Margeaux Corbin for doing the scoring for me at the race.

9. There is one downside to the race however, and that were several racers that did not show up at the race and did not contact me in advance. There were a couple of people waiting for slots in classes that those racers held and ended not getting in. I did not know if they were delayed due to auto troubles, a later arrival at the race, etc. That is simply not right to do that to the host club and the other racers. Please use more consideration for future races and contact the race administrator in advance.

Looking forward to next years race, which will be October 10-12, 2014. Put it on your race calendar for 2014, you will not be disappointed.

John...I hope you did not forget about the "NEW" Stan Simpson rule. It was well deserved... Thx again to the CMB club for putting on another great race.

A huge thanks to the cmb club!!..for hosting yet another great race, and to all those that helped out., we enjoyed perfect weather, great comradery, good racing, and the food on Saturday was delicious!!..looking forward to the next one.

A BIG Thank You to the CMB Club and all it's members for yet another great race. Congrats to all the winners!! The level of competition at this event was the highest I've seen in a while, you could not let up for one second or make a mistake without somebody taking the position away from you and I experienced that first hand. I'm going to start preparing for next year right now so that I don't get left behind :).. Don't get left behind or watching from the bank, come and join us at a pond near you.

Race highlights:

3. Stan Simpson IV won E Mono, E Hydro and 2nd in D Hydro classes. An exceptional performance considering the incredible talent at the race.

9. There is one downside to the race however, and that were several racers that did not show up at the race and did not contact me in advance. There were a couple of people waiting for slots in classes that those racers held and ended not getting in. I did not know if they were delayed due to auto troubles, a later arrival at the race, etc. That is simply not right to do that to the host club and the other racers. Please use more consideration for future races and contact the race administrator in advance.

John...I hope you did not forget about the "NEW" Stan Simpson rule. It was well deserved... Thx again to the CMB club for putting on another great race.

Stan,

Congrats again on your strong showing in the hydro classes. I still think it would have been a hoot to see you running in the tunnel classes with us and the scale class as well!!!!...... :lol:

By the way, I guess you proved once and for all that those JAE "ski" boats really are good for something other than SAWS!!!!!.................... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :ph34r:

I would like to give Cindy Driver a "BIG CONGRATS." on her 2nd place in 20 mono...it was her first time racing at the Fall Nat's. Anyone who has been there knows that is no easy task.

I would like to give Cindy Driver a "BIG CONGRATS." on her 2nd place in 20 mono...it was her first time racing at the Fall Nat's. Anyone who has been there knows that is no easy task.
Tom and Cindy are awesome folks and great to see them for the 3rd year in a row .

Andy Greene , you would OD on this race , great fun . Joe Weibelhaus and I pitted next to each other for the whole race and had a blast . One door down from Ron Drake and Jeff Whiddon and the Atwells in the other direction . Good times .

I posted a bunch of candid shots on my facebook page..([email protected]) and am getting ready to post some from the pig pickin. jj

PS...sorry I didn't catch Stan Simpson falling off the dock......way to funny!

Back