Eagle rebuild

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BB Mods's

I should have gotten some b4 pics, but here's where im at.

eagle67rebuild001.JPG

eagle67rebuild002.JPG

eagle67rebuild003.JPG

eagle67rebuild004.JPG

As a side note, it was fun sanding this boat down, found a stain in the wood across the back from a old airtronics sticker, and found 2 eagle stickers 1" ahead of the rear "wings", also found the ghosted image of some other sticker on the nose, looks like a police badge kinda. Found what looked to be a nylon washer embedded into the center ride pad at the back, and out of all that weird stuff, half way through sanding the tub down, we smelled what I can only think was a wet automotive paint smell, and a surface EC test showed the hull had a little extra water content :) after sanding and tinkering for 6 hours today, I got a pile of removed material about 4" round and 4" tall, and iv still got a thick layer of rotten epoxy to mill out of the tub! something went wrong with the epoxy when it was done, cause its got the consistency of firm rubber, and is not sticking well to the original coat of sealer. 3 or 4 more hours left finish sanding, and blocking it off. I hope to get it in the water late this winter.

1 thing Id like to know is, is there a dye that can be used on the wood, that will allow me to clear over the tub after Im done? oil based stains are out of the question I realize that, but do they make any good water based stains that might allow the clear the stick?

Last edited:
Thanks, worked hard today on her, got the new parts for the spare HR today so I went ahead and built that so the boat didn't look to naked sitting there.

Im going to name this boat Dr. GoodWood.

Last edited:
tommy, you can use any of the minwax stains, latex or oil(varsol) based. after staining, use a sanding sealer. there was a thread here on exactly this, not long ago. clears or brushable exopy won't stick to the latex stains, ask me how i know :p .

the sealers will take care of this, no problem. i like the stains or washes, allows some color, while still seeing the wood grain.

edit: found it, tommy. check out the thread "wood finish help", in the general boating forum ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
tommy, you can use any of the minwax stains, latex or oil(varsol) based. after staining, use a sanding sealer. there was a thread here on exactly this, not long ago. clears or brushable exopy won't stick to the latex stains, ask me how i know :p .the sealers will take care of this, no problem. i like the stains or washes, allows some color, while still seeing the wood grain.

edit: found it, tommy. check out the thread "wood finish help", in the general boating forum ;) .

Thanks guys!

well your doin a great job..... but ya coulda just built a new tub in the time you spent doin that!

I dont know much about building riggers from the table up, I have Taylor for that :)

Back