Drought!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has drought effected your RC Boating?

• Yes

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
T

TomMoorehouse

I was on the chat tonight and was hearing about people not being able to run their boats because of drought. Has the drought affected your boating?

Click to comment and take the poll.

dry-lake-drought_20120821212044_640_480.GIF

Last edited:
No but the ice sure is:( However a lot of the lakes near me are down 5-10 feet from over irrigation and other so called lake improvements ...

CA just recorded the lowest rainfall EVER in the last year(they started recording results 109 years ago). Snowpack in the Sierras in next to nothing.

Not recently but two years ago it did. A long hot summer and nothing for rain lowered a couple of our RC ponds badly. This past year we got rain, rain and more rain, almost too much. Getting normal rain fall again this year. (Southeast Ga.)

the hagerstown/greenbrier race site in d-12 has had issues in the past. we have to run there in the spring. later in the year (our dry season), the water gets so low we can't run the retrieve boat. danny weimer was walking out to get dead boats. right now it's just hard water.

We had one pond lowered due to construction. Now it may not come back up for a while because of no rainfall. Our high temps are 20 degrees above normal and have been for a while now. Most reservoirs here in NoCal are 50% are less and some are down to 35% the are historically at 65-70% this time of year. Two other ponds are fed by ground water but who knows how long that will last. Here's a graphic to tell you where we are in CA now....

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action

Last edited by a moderator:
No prob here in NC, actually it was just the opposite this past summer and fall to much rain flooded several of our club ponds. Hope things get better for those in the west... DJ

No issues in western Washington YET but the snowpack in the Cascades is considerably lower than normal so far this winter and we may be rationing water before summer's out. Some of the ski areas don't even have enough snow to stay open due to the lack thereof

scary situation going on in California. As nice as the weather's been, sunny and 70's & 80's, I'm sick of it. I really look forward to as much winter (rain/snow) we can possibly get, even when it's near catastrophfic (flooding, high snow pack in the mountains, etc.,...), replenishes everything, makes everything function as it was designed. As there will always be enough heat during the summer, if not too much.

They're talking serious water rationing

Last edited by a moderator:
David, I've spent over 40 of my 65 years in N.CA and have seen this happen before. Rationing and "water cops" that give out citations(fines) for wasting water/broken sprinkler heads ect. I guess what worries me the most is food prices spiking as I get by on a fixed income since I retired. Not good news for CA's agriculture industry. Less crops grown= more unemployed and higher prices. Here in Orangevale (Citrus Hts. water district) I think they already charge by the teaspoon for water. Still looking at Tomales bay as an option to run the few boats I have left(salt water).

Back