D4 BADGER BOATERS OCTOBER 9

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I MAY not be at the pond on Saturday. I got my hands on some Cubs tickets, which will make for a long evening, hopefully celebrating a W in Wrigleyville.

That said, I noticed on rcracingevents that there are 8 scales registered - any interest in running the normal 3 rounds of heat racing and having a scale final for the top 5 boats? Perhaps pony up $5-$10/person for the final and winner takes the kitty?

I MAY not be at the pond on Saturday. I got my hands on some Cubs tickets, which will make for a long evening, hopefully celebrating a W in Wrigleyville.

That said, I noticed on rcracingevents that there are 8 scales registered - any interest in running the normal 3 rounds of heat racing and having a scale final for the top 5 boats? Perhaps pony up $5-$10/person for the final and winner takes the kitty?
That is what we are doing. No Kitty.

Top 4 scales in heat racing advance,

Bottom 4 race in consolation race for the fifth spot of final.

Final is 5 boats for the scale trophy of the day.

Great Race Badger Guys. Congrats to Duke on another scale final win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for coming out - the weather was great and the competition was awesome.

Congrats to Duke for winning the feature. Once again proving that patience and persistence with your set up is vital, that scale boat hauls the mail and runs beautifully. In the video Dan posted, the way that boat slingshot off buoy two on lap two was nuts. Congrats my man!

Dean

Thanks to all for coming out - the weather was great and the competition was awesome.

Congrats to Duke for winning the feature. Once again proving that patience and persistence with your set up is vital, that scale boat hauls the mail and runs beautifully. In the video Dan posted, the way that boat slingshot off buoy two on lap two was nuts. Congrats my man!

Dean
Thanks Dean, that race was awesome. Your Miller High Life will get there. Dan Pralle needs to buy his boat chucker a pair of boots. (he died on launch). Butch held his own too with his Miss Budweiser.

We ended up with a 4 boat scale final because no boat started the consolation race. David (Davy) Preusse-the District 4 2016 1/8 Scale Season High Points winner had an unfortunate wreck on his Miss Budweiser before the start.

Too bad no one got a video of the second round where my Miss Madison did a complete 360 blow over on the front stretch - (after the heat win) The Madison stuck a "10" point landing and kept on going never missing a beat. Drove it into the dock,

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a perfect day to be out on the pond. Thanks to all the Badger guys that helped me out on my first time out, next time will be better for sure. Need more time around those buoys. Dukes 360 back flip was epic!

Butch,

Your scale turns on a dime and you're not far off on speed.... Little more testing and that sucker should scoot.

That D hydro on the other hand... Sister Mary Holy Water!

Butch,

Your scale turns on a dime and you're not far off on speed.... Little more testing and that sucker should scoot.

That D hydro on the other hand... Sister Mary Holy Water!
butch and Dean you guys need to try your hand at some gas boats. The real fast boats at the pond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for a fun race had a great time u guys put on a good race there......i think i had more fun watching the scale boats run then i did running my boats....might have to join in on the fun next year.....think i will be back next year with my nephew he will be running a hydro , he will have two of them we ordered one today so he can build one in the winter time, and complements of big al for the other one....dean and duke it was nice to see u guys as long as some others i ment in mendota.....

Duke really had the best move of the day with a full back flip and never missing a step after it hit the water again and kept right on moveing sure wish that was on a pic or video sure i wont see that again for awhile.....thanks again guys ill be back next year with another new boater....

Thanks everyone for a great race. The family and I had a great time and can't wait till next season. John Jr. had a blast racing, I think he's hooked on RC boating now.

Now it's time to start building for next year.

Back