D-3 one day races?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go.

One day format

First 100 boats

Three heats

Classes...

20 stock outboard tunnel

20 modified outboard tunnel

Open tunnel includes electrics

20 hydro

40 hydro

Open hydro nitro single engine

20 mono

40 mono

Open mono nitro

Gx mono

Gx hydro single engine

Jersey skiff

F/E p spec mono

F/E p/q mono-cat

Open offshore gas/nitro mono-cat

I'll set up

tear down

CD

Sincerely,

Randy Premo

PRESIDENT,

BRANDON MODEL BOATERS

Tom Foley pritty much sumed it up in post #6 BTW who will come out on the friday before the race and set the whole thing up so we can race on Sat. Gene Monger age 78 and John Otto age 71 I dont think so.
Tom Foley pritty much sumed it up in post #6 BTW who will come out on the friday before the race and set the whole thing up so we can race on Sat. Gene Monger age 78 and John Otto age 71 I dont think so.
I guess it needs to be said then John , Then younger generation - 52 this year btw - - the ones that would have taken the load off so to speak- the ones that offered their help - their intent to carry on the legacy laid before us- and make no doubt its a legacy- felt **** on. Take that how you will, but there was and is reluctance to have a changing of the guard , and I get that- but if you intend to move forward do not use you and the senior members of the clubs age to make an excuse- the help was and is there, you guys pushed it away at the time - there is no denying that. Dont you think when we came with fresh ideas and adding some new stuff and growing the club ,we where only trying to help and willing to take on the work ? you run 2 **** races a year at the premier tunnel pond in the southeast - wtf ? There was a day we ran 6 WCRA races between Brandon Tampa and Orlando on top of the 2 Dist races per club on top of the Winter Nats and the Twin Shootout .

I love me some Foley as everyone does- but whens the last time he spent time in the tower - ran recovery or pit bossed ??? Poor example imho .
The two guys you are calling seniors and throwing under the bus are two of the guys who have done more for Brandon Model Boaters than most other people have done for BMB. Those two guys are out there starting Wednesday for the Nitro race and out there Thursday for the March race while most everyone else is off doing other things so that the competitors can show up and test their boats. To sit here and talk negatively about those two guys is an absolute disgrace. When I was VP we gave you multiple chances to come and be a member of BMB unfortunately due to other issues in your life at the time that was not possible but to say that you were **** on or pushed out is laughable at best. You come on IW and pound the keyboard but when its time to actually show up and do the work, in the last 5 years it hasn't happened. So instead of everyone yelling at each other Andy, Randy just posted the format, why don't you pick the date that works for you, and put your keyboard where your mouth is and show up and help Randy put on this race. Because until then, it's only what you did 5+ years ago, or what crap you spew out here on IW while the real members of BMB actually put forth the effort to actually make a race happen.

There are a lot of members for BMB that put forth the effort and I just want to clarify that what I've typed above is by no means stating that everyone else in BMB does nothing. There is a great group of guys, including guys from the Tampa Club that put forth a tremendous effort in order to ensure that each race goes off successfully and I by no means want my post above to discredit those individuals.

Here ya go.

One day format

First 100 boats

Three heats

Classes...

20 stock outboard tunnel

20 hydro

40 hydro

20 mono

40 mono

Open mono nitro

Gx mono

Gx hydro single engine

Jersey skiff

F/E p spec mono

F/E p/q mono-cat

I'll set up

tear down

CD

Sincerely,

Randy Premo

PRESIDENT,

BRANDON MODEL BOATERS

Would anyone object for me to run my Twin hydro with the Open Hydro class if this happens ?? I'm looking to get out and race some. I'm also willing to help setup the pond and help as well.

julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Here ya go.

One day format

First 100 boats

Three heats

Classes...

20 stock outboard tunnel

20 hydro

40 hydro

20 mono

40 mono

Open mono nitro

Gx mono

Gx hydro single engine

Jersey skiff

F/E p spec mono

F/E p/q mono-cat

I'll set up

tear down

CD

Sincerely,

Randy Premo

PRESIDENT,

BRANDON MODEL BOATERS
Would anyone object for me to run my Twin hydro with the Open Hydro class if this happens ?? I'm looking to get out and race some. I'm also willing to help setup the pond and help as well.

julian
Open is open in my book

Here ya go.

One day format

First 100 boats

Three heats

Classes...

20 stock outboard tunnel

20 hydro

40 hydro

20 mono

40 mono

Open mono nitro

Gx mono

Gx hydro single engine

Jersey skiff

F/E p spec mono

F/E p/q mono-cat

I'll set up

tear down

CD

Sincerely,

Randy Premo

PRESIDENT,

BRANDON MODEL BOATERS

julian
Open is open in my book
me like it

If you guys put together some one day races I would come play. Might not make every single one if you did 5 or 6. Driving down on Friday and one night lodging is not a problem to participate in a fun filled one day format. Old timers will remember that most of the old full size outboard races were one day events. Those old outboard clubs would get a lot done between noon and 6 pm on a Sunday afternoon. The Mod-VP brand warfare smack down heats would be fun again.

With a small tweak to the P-Spec class to include cats i.e. P-Spec (P-Ltd) Mono/Cat, I believe there would be a significant amount of interest from the FE guys.

Florida locals close by....

Adams

Almirola

Beals

Beardslee

Canto

Conde

Foley

Grannis

Raul

There's a class. Three boats make a class. add in gas twins...

Artz

Farrow

Philbrick

Lupe?

You asked Julian. There are still more that could bolt together.

My classes were to start the dialogue in the right direction, by no means locked in.

Fifteen classes / 100 boats was to keep one day in check.

The WCRA West coast racing assn. was very successful in the 90's

Now we tweek the format..

RP

Controlled open water in the morning....

Build it, and they will come.

FE need your input to build your circle.

Casteline

Lichtenberger

Rankl

Mic, Max, Jay, Maturo...

If you guys put together some one day races I would come play. Might not make every single one if you did 5 or 6. Driving down on Friday and one night lodging is not a problem to participate in a fun filled one day format. Old timers will remember that most of the old full size outboard races were one day events. Those old outboard clubs would get a lot done between noon and 6 pm on a Sunday afternoon. The Mod-VP brand warfare smack down heats would be fun again.
Bring it old timer. I'll save a spot lol...

I'm in if and when things materialize . I'll help if I can . Seems like there is always too much crap going on , house stuff etc on weekends sometimes . Bill Gibson you did a great thing here starting the dialog on the Windex Racing Series where the racing is CLEAN !!

For the record this is Mic using Jays account as I have not been able to sign in since my laptop crashed and my new one doesn't seem to sycn with IW.

Anyway to start one thing I see is a Catch 22, with older boaters carrying the load and not enough new blood coming in to replace. Yes the 2 day format is efficient time and logistics. It has also district wide morphed into an expensive race weekend for boaters old and new. The question comes up here all the time, how do we attract new racers. Well a long drive and two to 3 days lodging plus the same weekend long time commitment might not attract the new guy who has one or two boats and wants to try racing. Also in our prime weather times motels are not cheap. Even some of our veterans are not making 2 days and asking for a one day event. Me included there. it is a 130mile 2+ hour drive for me and in the past for one days I have helped set up and tear down when we had tunnel races. Getting up at 4:30am and home by 8pm is a long day but saving $200-300 in expenses makes it worthwhile.

I would also suggest certain clubs could try to separate classes say Nitro and FE one day and Gas the other, might draw a few people back. With nitro it would be nice to finish in one day and not have to pickle everything twice. If you want a two day social weekend then not having to run as many boats one day could leave you time to help out in the pits or on the stand. I have been to a few Internats and Nationals that run the classes off on specific days and it is nice. Even a large three day event might draw more out of towners if they had a day off to make family time and enjoy Florida.

My thoughts on FE. Like Ray I agree P/spec could run combined, mono-cat and even through in tunnels witch there are a few collecting dust. No real advantage in those hull types. P mono cat or Q mono cat works. One thing to consider for one day non district points is combining FE and nitro. P/spec in .21 (A)- P with .40's - and Q with 60's ©. Could boost dwindling mono and hydro nitro classes, plus save time with less 3 boat heats.

Last off these could be one day fun days. No big awards, no district points. Certificates are cheap and new boaters could frame them and feel like they got recognized. Saturdays work well and I am sure a few won't come because of work, but they don't run two days either. It does leave Sunday open for family time.

Mic

I'm in if and when things materialize . I'll help if I can . Seems like there is always too much crap going on , house stuff etc on weekends sometimes . Bill Gibson you did a great thing here starting the dialog on the Windex Racing Series where the racing is CLEAN !!
I LOVE YOU MAN!! I simply remember how much fun the WCRA STUFF was...there was good, competitive racing, but most folks didn't get too carried away.....and a good bit a laughing and goofing around.....!!

I would like to see fe get going again, I wasnt thrilled with it before but would like to try it now since I have gotten into off-road buggies and have the charging gear. I might need your help Mic with getting one ready

Back