D-3 one day races?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And tear it down! Definitely not enough active club members to pull off one days. And when I say "active" I mean people who help.
default_ohmy.png
Mark Ham and I noticed that... Sad but that is same with most all clubs,that is why my dad and I are not club affiliated, for YEARS we worked with the few who showed up.

Well I can tell you now. from here on out as far as Brandon members go you're either going to be active or not be a member. At 32 years old I shouldn't have to explain or bring up the fact to guy's almost twice my age that have been in this hobby as long as they have that a club takes work to stay alive. If I a 32 year old father of 2 working 50 hours a week and with a girlfriend that can't drive can get my personal life taken care of and have time for the club then other club members should too. And I'm not saying that one day race's are easy. But I'm sorry I want to play with my boats and hang out with a lot of good people more then twice a year. If you don't want to prep your stuff for a one day race then don't! Stay home!

This is not aimed at anyone specific.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can tell you now. from here on out as far as Brandon members go you're either going to be active or not be a member. At 32 years old I shouldn't have to explain or bring up the fact to guy almost twice my age that have been in this hobby as long as they have that a club takes work to stay alive. If I a 32 year old father of 2 working 50 hours a week and with a girlfriend that can't drive can get my personal life taken care of and have time for the club then other club members should too. And I'm not saying that one day race's are easy. But I'm sorry I want to play with my boats and hang out with a lot of good people more then twice a year. If you don't want to prep your stuff for a one day race then don't! Stay home!

This is not aimed at anyone specific.
Amen!!!

Tom Foley pritty much sumed it up in post #6 BTW who will come out on the friday before the race and set the whole thing up so we can race on Sat. Gene Monger age 78 and John Otto age 71 I dont think so.
Tom Foley pritty much sumed it up in post #6 BTW who will come out on the friday before the race and set the whole thing up so we can race on Sat. Gene Monger age 78 and John Otto age 71 I dont think so.
I guess it needs to be said then John , Then younger generation - 52 this year btw - - the ones that would have taken the load off so to speak- the ones that offered their help - their intent to carry on the legacy laid before us- and make no doubt its a legacy- felt **** on. Take that how you will, but there was and is reluctance to have a changing of the guard , and I get that- but if you intend to move forward do not use you and the senior members of the clubs age to make an excuse- the help was and is there, you guys pushed it away at the time - there is no denying that. Dont you think when we came with fresh ideas and adding some new stuff and growing the club ,we where only trying to help and willing to take on the work ? you run 2 **** races a year at the premier tunnel pond in the southeast - wtf ? There was a day we ran 6 WCRA races between Brandon Tampa and Orlando on top of the 2 Dist races per club on top of the Winter Nats and the Twin Shootout .

I love me some Foley as everyone does- but whens the last time he spent time in the tower - ran recovery or pit bossed ??? Poor example imho .

Ha , Andy Greene jumping on my ass ha ! how the hell do you know what goes on at a race ? You are there for an hour or so and leave . I try to donate my time when I can regardless of whether you see it or not . Time for Bill Gibson to start a new racing series .

Ok we don't need to start turning this into the typical IW argument. Bill was just asking if there were any one day events going on in D-3. I just stated that we are working on it. I understand it's the same amount of work for only one day worth of racing but at the same time I thought the idea was to promote our hobby some people can't take the time off for a two or three-day race. one day races work for them. the guys that do run two and three day races you already have the opportunity to race and run. the people that can't and can only do one day Races they don't even have the option like the two and three day race guy's. so if you don't want to run a one-day race then don't. but that's not fair to the guy that can only do the one day race you can't bash it because you don't want to do the same work for only one day worth of racing. We are just trying to help the hobby out but if we don't change things to accommodate everyone then what the hell is the point anymore??? I could just be like the rest of my generation and go play video games all day and eat tide pod's!

Not saying it is expected but you don't have to be a club member to have common courtesy to give a hand with the race set up/take down or anything else that pops up. Mike Culhane is a perfect example of this. As far as I know ( I could be wrong) mike is not even a Brandon club member and doesn't even run boats (RIGHT NOW) but he shows up all weekend and cd's. He catches **** all weekend from drives and spotters. And yet he still shows up. Mike I give you mad props and really appreciate the time you give to our hobby!!!

Lets all work together and try to be like trump and make rc boating great again!!!!! Lol

Back to the question. As far as the Brandon club goes it is a little more involved in hosting races. We share our facility with a soccer organization and its also a county park. There has to be plans made in advance to make sure we don't interfere with each other. We don't need complaints to the county. Hopefully we will be able to come up with a plan in the near future to make some one day races happen. Remember Guy's and Girl's we are not going to get anywhere pointing fingers at each other. We need to come together as a group, decide on a plan, make it happen and have fun!

Jeff you are right. I have already thought of this and looked into it. If we run on Saturday no soccer tournaments and soccer ends in late June early july. And yes of course we have to get permission.

That is the easy straight forward stuff. We need to get input from racers as to what classes to run, What kind of format (heat, shoot out, grudge, team, enduro). We will need a CD(The hardest job in my opinion). Will it be sanctioned NAMBA? or IMPBA?

Ha , Andy Greene jumping on my ass ha ! how the hell do you know what goes on at a race ? You are there for an hour or so and leave . I try to donate my time when I can regardless of whether you see it or not . Time for Bill Gibson to start a new racing series .
Tom, I had NO IDEA that one simple question would stir up such discussion! This was not my intent at all.Me start a racing series?? Think I'll just race my lil r/c cars n trucks....3 tracks in New Port Richey less than 10 miles from my house.....race every week if I want to, home by 5.

If any 1 day boat races do materialize in the future, just give me a shout.....Really sorry to all that it got so heated, again this was not my intention in the least.

Yes that's all stuff we have to work out. That's why I said we are working on getting some one day events going. I myself would love to see some team stuff going on. If we are running the same format that we run now as far as what classes to run in my eyes the easy way to do it instead of making work for yourself trying to think of what classes to offer advertise the event months in advance so everybody or most everybody can get an idea of when registration is going to open and just say for numbers and keeping it simple we put a hundred boat limit on it when registration opens you register what classes you're running and that's that when it hits a hundred boats it shuts off of course if there's a couple of classes that need one more boat to make a three boat heat and of course you work with that class to try and fill it

This is all open dialog to try and start some one day race events/ fun runs. Everyone voice your ideas/desires !

Here you go....

Three heats.

First 100 boats.

Classes....

20 stock outboard

20 mod outboard

Open outboard includes electrics...

20 hydro

40 hydro

Open hydro- single nitro no twins

20 mono

40 mono