Ceramic bearings

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xfactor

Any motors out there running ceramic bearings ??? Higher RPM, longer life, lower temps, less friction, and require les lubrication. I found a set for my K&B 11cc outboard I might try. Looking for info.

I run them in all my record trial engines and am starting to put them in all my heat race engines too. I have not had a single failure to date!

Contact RaceCraft Bearings for ceramic bearings. All our drivers that run ceramic bearings, use RaceCraft.

Ron Byrd will set you up.

-Carl,

Any US-1's and records behind them Bob?

Last edited:
krpnova said:
As a matter of fact,yes! And more records on the way.
113297[/snapback]

Bob it appears that Fulton has both those records???

Ceramics are great..Lower moment of inertia, lower break-away friction, rounder, harder, smoother finish…lots of other reasons......just try to educate yourself as to what you are getting and why. For the average hobbyist, you will not see any performance increase. If you are looking for those last % there is something there that’s well worth the money in my opinion. Some of the crappier balls are no longer available, but I still think it’s worth asking if your bearing set’s are balled with Cerbec. It also helps to know your bearing guy does the work himself, or is producing a set for > an ISO 1000 facility.

If you need a good set of ceramics balled from the factory, call Racecraft Bearings. If you need a custom set balled in Cerbec for bastard/ proprietary races like Novarossi, you can contact me through IW.

Last edited by a moderator:
izitbrokeyet? said:
Ceramics are great..Lower moment of inertia, lower break-away friction, rounder, harder, smoother finish…lots of other reasons......just try to educate yourself as to what you are getting and why.      For the average hobbyist, you will not see any performance increase.  If you are looking for those last % there is something there that’s well worth the money in my opinion.  Some of the crappier balls are no longer available, but I still think it’s worth asking if your bearing set’s are balled with Cerbec.  It also helps to know your bearing guy does the work himself, or is producing a set for > an ISO 1000 facility.
If you need a good set of ceramics balled from the factory, call Racecraft Bearings.  If you need a custom set balled in Cerbec for bastard/ proprietary races like Novarossi, you can contact me through IW.

113462[/snapback]

We tried the ceramic bearing from Boca. Very poor results. Fits were very tight, and the bearings failed immediately. Not enough internal clearance in the ones we got. Some of them bound up when installed in the housings.

Bob,

Boca is a re-seller of bearing sets. You obviously got an early set of Boca bearings that were made out of 100% pure profit :D .

What C-fit, what ceramic balls did you have in your sets?

This is typical bad feedback from someone who didn’t know what they were getting…..

I’ll say it again “Educate yourself on what you want first ”..Otherwise keep your money for sushi on Friday.

KB

You guys are not going to believe this but I have run a couple of races here in NAMBA District 8 and won with my K&B Pro PTO on ceramics now . So far they look good and are smoother than any I have used before. Now here is the scary part the K&B pro bearings are the exact same size as Roller blade bearings . I found an online skate shop that imports their own ABEC 7 ceramic bearings and the cool part if they last over time is they cost $4.50 each . I will keep you guys posted on how long they last. I have not tried any ceramics in the motor only in the PTO and believe that I can get away with the tighter tolerance grade 7 there because the PTO runs rather cool compared to the inside of the motor so less heat related expansion of the parts the bearins sit in.

Eric,

You must be doing something right with the sweep you made up there this year. I need to give you a call and hear the details.

-Carl,

RaceCraftBearings said:
krpnova said:
As a matter of fact,yes! And more records on the way.
113297[/snapback]

Bob it appears that Fulton has both those records???

113300[/snapback]

If you are talking about the A outboard records,look at the rule book. The record section on the IMPBA web site is way out of date in some areas. I will be shooting for the B,C and E outboard tunnel SAW records at Flint. All these engines are equipped with Boca ceramic bearings.

We will be in Huntsville competing for the following records:

B Sport Tunnel SAW

B Sport Tunnel 2-Lap oval (w/no turn fin)

B Mod Tunnel SAW

B Mod Tunnel 2-lap oval (w/no turn fin)

D Mod Tunnel SAW

D Mod Tunnel 2-lap oval (w/no turn fin)

B Mod O/B Hydro SAW

Any sponsors that are interested in getting their products named on any of these boats , please contact me at: [email protected]

-Carl,

Well Bob you must be getting paid to say what you do about ceramic bearings . My race partern and I have tried them and thad 5 sets go bad in less them a mouth. And when I asked if any one else was having trouble with them I got my butt reamed for putting it on listbot. Scott

Scott,

Make sure you are using a high radial clearance bearing, not lower than "C4" OR "T" radial clearance. No bearing will survive in our application if after pressing in the housing it is to tight. :) :) :)

Jim

hi all

where in australia can i get ceramic bearings for my 3.5 i need the lot the two at the top and the two in the pto iv got the old bearings out any help would be grate

regards

ian

outlaw said:
hi allwhere in australia can i get ceramic bearings for my 3.5 i need the lot the two at the top and the two in the pto iv got the old bearings out any help would be grate

regards

ian

114540[/snapback]

Ian,

In Oz miniature bearings or alternatively - from Ron @ racecraft bearings in the US will ship down here and is great to deal with.

I personally don't use ceramics yet. I am considering it for 1 of my engines as the price of the original bearing is steep to begin with.

thamks tim

i got a price of a local mob today and it came to $150 for stock std bearings and as for ceramic the the bigest of the two inthe front plate was $106 for one both prices were at trade it would cost $300+ to go all 4 in ceramic im going to go ceramic but over time.

regards

ian

Any body use VXB ceramics? I see 2 608's, 1 R-6, 1 6903 for about $63.00. Some say 63,000 rpm and some say 100,000 rpm. They look like good bearings.

Back