Capitol R/C Model Boat Club dist 12 points race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A big thanks to Carl, Frank, Tracy, and all the other Capitol members for putting on a great race. The site was great and it's really nice to have lots of nearby hotels, restaurants, etc.

Those who weren't there missed out on a fun weekend. Things got a little wet later on Saturday afternoon when some rain came in, but we were already into the third round. Sunday's excitement was wind. As the day went on, we got a lesson in rough water driving.

Once Carl recovers from what I'm sure was a very long weekend, he'll send me the final results. I'll update the District points standings and put them on the web.

Yes, Sunday was very interesting. The wind was definetly a challange to say the least. I also want to thank Tracey and Carl and the other club members for putting on a great race. It was my pleasure to be there and to fill in when needed on CDing the race. Chuck I am sorry that I jinxed you sport 40 when I called it the "flying fish"!!!!

Thanks again all, John Crouch

just want to add my thanx to the capitol rc club for putting on a great race. really nice site, they put a lot of effort into obtaining use of the pond. WELL WORTH THE EFFORT, imho. the wind was the big thing on sunday, wasn't much 'racing' going on, more survival...... no complaints though, "you pays yo' money, you takes yo' chances". made some new friends, saw some old ones, good weekend. looking foward to running there more.........

Thank you all for the kudoes. The support of the District was equally important to the sucess of the race weekend. It was vital that we have a good turn-out that underlined the goodwill UOSA has extended to us. Thanks to Tracy and Carl for supporting me during the initial meetings with UOSA officials. With out their professionalism, team mentality, and appreciation of the UOSA concerns it would have never have come to fruition.

I placed second in Sport Gas Hydro but it was my first truly earned second place. Others were "mop-up" places where I didn't actually earn the trophy and placed first. I am most proud of this second place one. :rolleyes:

Congrats on your second place finish in sport hydro, placing against some of the guys that were there is a thing to be proud of. My sport hydro weekend was not so good, 3 dnf's and I forgot what I placed in the one race that I did finish. I was very pleased with the site and I talked with a couple of the people that were there from the water plant that were very nice. All in all it was a great weekend, and a nice warm up for the gas clash that is in 2 weeks. Thanks again for putting on a good one and I was glad to be able to help out Tracey with the CD duties as well.

John C

Race results below, updated D12 high points standings at the D12 web site.

B MONO

DARYL ADAMS

CARL CISNEROS

JAMES BEASLEY

BUDDY LOWE

DON SPARR

B TUNNEL

JAMES BEASLEY

BUDDY LOWE

RICHARD LOEB

ROBIN STEBBINS

STEVE BERRY