Capitol R/C Model Boat Club dist 12 points race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, that worked. What the heck is up with the gas people? I hope they're not all skipping this race to save for the Gas Clash. I created a thread over on Jim's to see if I could wake them up.
That is exactly what's happening and I'm not pleased about it either. I have already spoken with Earl & the race date will be different for next year. <_<

IF that is the case, all I can say is that SUCKS!!!!! I have a room with 2 queen size beds allready paid for, if there is one of the gas guys that is tight on funds that would like to share a room, contact me at my email address [email protected]

John Crouch

Yup, that worked. What the heck is up with the gas people? I hope they're not all skipping this race to save for the Gas Clash. I created a thread over on Jim's to see if I could wake them up.
That is exactly what's happening and I'm not pleased about it either. I have already spoken with Earl & the race date will be different for next year. <_<
Don -

YGM

This whole thing of the gas guys not going to this race because of the "gas clash" is B.S.!!!! The only race that I could not afford to make was the one in N.C., I just could not afford the gas to drive that far. The race next weekend is costing me a lot more that what it will cost to do the gas only race. My parents live very close to there (Kent Island) and I can stay there for free. only a 50 min ride and my entry fees and a half tank of fuel. This race will be a good thing, but guys, dont forget about all those that will still be here when they all are back in there home states after this race. If I was a member of the DC club I would not be happy, Heck, I am not happy now, I am out over 200.00 plus fuel and so far will only get to run 1 boat in gas cat because there are not enough boats for the other 4 classes that I signed up for!!!

John C

This whole thing of the gas guys not going to this race because of the "gas clash" is B.S.!!!! The only race that I could not afford to make was the one in N.C., I just could not afford the gas to drive that far. The race next weekend is costing me a lot more that what it will cost to do the gas only race. My parents live very close to there (Kent Island) and I can stay there for free. only a 50 min ride and my entry fees and a half tank of fuel. This race will be a good thing, but guys, dont forget about all those that will still be here when they all are back in there home states after this race. If I was a member of the DC club I would not be happy, Heck, I am not happy now, I am out over 200.00 plus fuel and so far will only get to run 1 boat in gas cat because there are not enough boats for the other 4 classes that I signed up for!!!
John C
Don't forget you can run your Classic Thunderboat in the stock class. B)

Thanks for reminding me of that Don, I most likely will do that to replace one of the other classes if they do get canceled. I really hope that they do not though.

John C

looks like i cant make it to the race.i had that weekend off work but the person that was suspose to cover my shift quit.there is no one who can cover for me.i was already doing 60 hours a week now looks like i will be doing 72 hours a week till they find someone and train them for the position.

looks like i cant make it to the race.i had that weekend off work but the person that was supose to cover my shift quit.there is no one who can cover for me.i was already doing 60 hours a week now looks like i will be doing 72 hours a week till they find someone and train them for the position.
Sound like you need a different job, they keep screwin' you over. :(

they canceled everyones vacations and time off requests.this happens every year.it usually goes till end of summer.i do need a new job but is hard starting over and being a bottom feeder.

they canceled everyones vacations and time off requests.this happens every year.it usually goes till end of summer.i do need a new job but is hard starting over and being a bottom feeder.
Well sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Seems they screw you over every summer, you need to start looking now while you have that job then give' em the middle finger when you land a new one. :)

i been looking for last 3 months but jobs i found u gotta work saturdays.i been also looking to transfer to a differnt department.what i do now i can take my boats to work with me and get paid to work on them.

OK, FOLKS

ALL BOAT CLASS SWAPPING MUST BE ACCOMPLISHED BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS 8 JULY. NO EXCEPTIONS.

All heats/rounds will be put together on the 9th.

if you try to swap classes after the 8th, it will be to no avail.

the race program is coming along very well.

REMEMBER, for those of you that have trailers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, MAKE SURE AND HAVE A BLOCK OR SOMETHING OF THAT NATURE FOR THE TONGUE STRUT/WHEEL. NO OPEN PIPING WILL BE ALLOWED.

Bring plenty of fluids to drink. It is Summer and everyone needs plenty to keep themselves hydrated.

IF anyone knows a good NO RAIN DANCE, this is the time to start doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have had alot of rain here as has everyone else and iam tired of mowing the lawn twice a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will post an attachment later today with the current class/freq listings.

carl

here you go folks

entries 2nd edition by heat and frequency.

entries i have not received yet:

Frank/Gary Mintz

Tim Clark

Brian and his daughter

Erik

Don from Ches.

these folks have said that they are comming and at least one of them i know of does have his entry in the mail.

If any of the DC club members read this, we ALL will be helping out at the race.

WE ARE HERE TO HOST THE RACE, NOT JUST SHOW UP AND RACE THE BOATS AND NOT HELP OUT.

carl

entries_2nd_edition.PDF

Attachments

• entries_2nd_edition.PDF
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
John C
Don't forget you can run your Classic Thunderboat in the stock class. B)
And Sport Hydro. ;)

here you go folks
entries 2nd edition by heat and frequency.

entries i have not received yet:

Frank/Gary Mintz

Tim Clark

Brian and his daughter

Erik

Don from Ches.

these folks have said that they are coming and at least one of them i know of does have his entry in the mail.

If any of the DC club members read this, we ALL will be helping out at the race.

WE ARE HERE TO HOST THE RACE, NOT JUST SHOW UP AND RACE THE BOATS AND NOT HELP OUT.

carl
You list Charles Lyne in Novice & B tunnel, can't do both. Novice is only Novice right? :rolleyes:

What about Greg Hefner? Steve Berry? Don Sparr? :unsure:

Don McGurn is from Staunton, not Chesapeake. ;)

Sure wish Ray & Bob could make this race. :(

Scooter is so busy at work we might not see him 'til first frost. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
steve berry havent heard a thing

greg and his daughter supposed to be comming (i keep calling him brian for some reason)

Don from staunton not ches his entry is supposed to be in the mail

don sparr havent heard from him and neither has charles jones (might be on vacation, ya never know)

charles lyne let him enter both but informed him he will only get points for one class. (we need the novice class built up)

anyways, i think that everyone will have a good time there and the folks at UOSA that gave us the use of the lake will enjoy it also. they are planning on erecting a tent for their employees to come out and watch the races.

what do youknow. just got a call from don sparr.

he will fax me his registration form but he is not sure if he can make it down fo rthe race.

he is having bad high AND low blood pressure problems. one minute feeling good next minute felling light headed and has to sit for a while. not good.

anyways, hope he feels better and can make it down.

carl

Carl, if there is not going to be a crackerbox/jersey skiff class, please enter me in stock gas class, I will run my T-boat in it.

thanks, John crouch

Back