Burned out no mojo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Jacuzzi

I must need a break or something but I am struggling to keep interested. Got a finished 40 hydro on the bench untested, and unfired and a new gas mono build that I cant focus enough to finish? Any cures out there .. Tony J

Tony,

If you like a good wine harvest and some really good cigars bring the 45-Hydro

and your wife up to Traverse City, Michigan in the next few weeks and I will help

You get your MoJo back. At least we will get the 45-Hydro dialed in and you and your

wife can enjoy our local wine harvest. We do have a very good cigar store here in town

with some very good ones in stock.

Just A Good Thought,

Mark Sholund

Tony,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one feeling that way. In my case, however, it's more work related than anything. Multiple boats on the bench, one ready to go that just needs testing after a repair job and no real desire due to being wiped out from work. Either that or just not enough racing this past season to get the blood pumping

Walk away from it for a week or two. Maybe even a month or two. The itch will return or boredom will push you back. Either way you will be re-inspired.

John

I had to step away from the boats due to a bad back. I'll be having surgery soon. Jan. in Fla. sounds good
default_smile.png

Hey TJ

I tried everything, just couldn't get excited about it anymore especially with the way the hobby has gone.

So I've moved on, have one boat to hang out at the pond with friends on ocasion but that's it.

DO what i did put up the toy boats and buy a real boat. Purchased an Allison with a 225 promax. Boat is capable of triple digits. But haven't got there yet. Lot different when your sitting in it. Still have my rc stuff far as I know they don't go bad sitting on the shelf.

Stay away from the T V. Turn on the Radio and listen to the sports and work on boats.

Walt Barney

Step away and try some thing different..........

The toy boat will still be there when you come back.............................

I am A$$ deep into my full size boat now and did a rebuild on my truck..........

I have a deep itch to build my rigger up but know I need to wait till I am ready..........

Some times you just need to take a break........................

Then when you come back it will be all new again..........................

John's right, step away for awhile month or so and then get back to it. Gotta have a second hobby that's unrelated helps. Go to the gun range and de stress your life.

Do a house cleaning of items that can be sold, take inventory of what this passion really is...a love of speed maybe??? And them go do that instead. Life is about how much **** you will and will not put up with and your breaking point...

have not raced in two years...I keep a hand in, watch what is going on, even have a say when I want..... Sure I scratched Charleston....but tested 102 octane fuel in my Crouch Rocket....Did I miss Charleston...???
default_biggrin.png
:D
default_laugh.png

Do the things that make you smile.....
default_wink.png
;)
default_wink.png
default_cool.png
Got my hands on C-12 for this weekend...
default_ohmy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
huh. I just found my mojo a few weeks ago, just in time for everyone else to leave the hobby.

great.

Hey Tony,

Like several people have said. Take a break. This is suppose to be a hobby. The thing you do to unwind.

Last fall I was just burned out on the whole thing. I started racing RC Trucks with my nephews and just had fun being the new guy. In the spring I started doing something else. When boating time came back around I went to a few races, usually with just my thunderboat. I didn't test, I didn't tune. I just went and ran my favorite boat with a group of guys I enjoy running with. And it was the most fun I have had boating in a long time.

-Bob

Back