Burned out no mojo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go buy you a new 2015 Corvette Z06 and go play on the open road.................
default_smile.png

Dick Tyndall

Tony,

I thought I had a good offer for you and your wife?

Maybe we can test the 45-Hydro in the Spring once you are REFRESHED!!!

Enjoy Your Time Off And Relax,

Mark Sholund

My mojo. I have not raced a RC boat in 2 plus years. When I'm not working on my RC boats I tinker with my race boat or I take a ride on my GXSR 1000 to clear my head.

Just took 2 years off for the same reason.... & the Florida Nitro Nationals Race is a great Event if you guys like to travel. You can see the Beach for a few days and Race with some Great Competition too if you arrive early. We already plan to be there in 2016.......2015 Larry beals Wife & Daughter cooked for us & kept all the Boaters full. it was a Family affair & a Boat Race....

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

I thought I had a good offer for you and your wife?

Maybe we can test the 45-Hydro in the Spring once you are REFRESHED!!!

Enjoy Your Time Off And Relax,

Mark Sholund
Mark that was a wonderful offer, thanks very much

Nov 20 and will have made IT!! 37yrs and retired . Will be able Run-Finish-Start the six boats I have. I stocked up on equipment and items for these boats over the last year .

Tony I took a 4 yr brake

I know where you are at. Had to just walk for a bit as it wore me out

Got that way with RC airplanes, Joined a boat club, Great bunch of guys. Racing is what keeps me interested.

Been a bad season Tony. Bet you were pumped at the Nats?

i was semi retired for about 8 weeks, worked in a restoration shop and part time at my original job, was having a blast doing the old cars, got asked to come back to my old job as they needed help full time, so i went. i gave them may 23rd as my last official day, sooner if anyone pi$$es in my cheerios
default_smile.png
i have no pressure at my job with that thought on the table, i will have 50 years in at the same job that day, now i am building a shop in my back yard, room for 8 vehicles and a BIG porch.. i havent run but 1 time this summer, my plan now is do some boats, do some restorations at my leisure. been doing car shows with one of my cars, have another one to go, so that is some different fun. just needed a change and that seems to be working.

I have been there < I missed my buddy,s and came back after taking a R&R for 10 year's..

I realized I should have came back sooner ,

I could care less if I ever win another trophy but I do enjoy helping my buddy's get in the winners circle .....

I have had the opportunity to help a lot of rookies get there boat's running real well

2 Guy's up north became a good team and I am very proud of them { Chad & Dan }...

You know I was treated the same way when I started > Thank you Bob K

You don't have to winn all the time Mentor when you can ...........

Rick Reisinger

I feel yer pain Tony. I've raced too much this summer. I was so glad our season was over. I had every intention of just chilling for a month or more but.........nooooooo.

My son is driving me to the edge of sanity. All kinds of ideas. What if this? What if that? He's not just talking about racing. He's trying to figure out what might work with what. So fun. Pretty inspiring. We've been testing some ideas at the local puddle. Failing miserably too. We have time to be wrong. Yesterday I found 2 boats on his dresser. I asked him what was up with that. "Oh, I was wondering if we could put x,y,z motor back in those and test them for classes x,y,z" Lunatic. But it made me look at the boats again. We talked about changes that would make them better. I gave him work to do on them so he could try them out.

I've committed to 3 wood builds this winter already. This time I'm teaching him to do it instead of just doing it for him. Looking forward to working again. I haven't in a while.

I could have my son call ya. The kid is relentless.

Hey Tony it seems like we race so many races we can't wait for the season to be over. Then we get all the cold and snow for months and we just can't wait for spring to come and run the boats. The winter relights the fire.

What's cold and snow? I haven't seen snow, other than up in the high Cascade Mountains, in three years. Even the cold hasn't lasted all that long since I haven't seen hard water in roughly the same amount of time. Guess that's the breaks of living in Western Washington
default_wink.png

I feel yer pain Tony. I've raced too much this summer. I was so glad our season was over. I had every intention of just chilling for a month or more but.........nooooooo.

My son is driving me to the edge of sanity. All kinds of ideas. What if this? What if that? He's not just talking about racing. He's trying to figure out what might work with what. So fun. Pretty inspiring. We've been testing some ideas at the local puddle. Failing miserably too. We have time to be wrong. Yesterday I found 2 boats on his dresser. I asked him what was up with that. "Oh, I was wondering if we could put x,y,z motor back in those and test them for classes x,y,z" Lunatic. But it made me look at the boats again. We talked about changes that would make them better. I gave him work to do on them so he could try them out.

I've committed to 3 wood builds this winter already. This time I'm teaching him to do it instead of just doing it for him. Looking forward to working again. I haven't in a while.

Terry - Ha Ha great story that reminds me of when my 2 sons racing and doing the same thing. That kept me engaged for sure !!

I know what you mean Tony. I've adopted a routine. After the last race or testing session of the season I pack everything away and do not touch it until after January 1st. This gives me some down time from the hobby. We all need a break once in a while.

If that doesn't work for you ... Buy a Porsche.
default_smile.png

b2d5f7675b81160c2fe9e551c61dbd45.jpg

Back