broken Pin K90

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CConrad

Hello,

yesterday i broke the wristpin in my K90 ( SG Eagle 80, running in the good 90s ). The piston and the upper bushing of the rod is also damaged. :(

My question: Do you know, if there is an general problem? When it is so, how to fix? Or was this just "**** happens" ?

Greets from Germany

Curt

Hello,

yesterday i broke the wristpin in my K90 ( SG Eagle 80, running in the good 90s ). The piston and the upper bushing of the rod is also damaged. :(

My question: Do you know, if there is an general problem? When it is so, how to fix? Or was this just "**** happens" ?

Greets from Germany

Curt
Curt ,welcome to the world of Kalistratov. The K90's are really strong running motors but the weak link is the wrist pin. If you can find some Rossi 90 wrist pins they are a direct fit (5.98mm x 22.4mm) & much stronger. If you can find some over there please let me know as I still need a few more. :unsure:

Thank you very much for your quick answer, Don. I will try to get some and let you hear, when i found some more!

Curt

If you can't find any for the 66R90 marine the ducted fan is the same motor. I will check my parts sheet and

get you the #'s

Part # is 6607 I will contact the peeps I have had good luck with and see if I can find some for you.

Although I dont run K engines I have been trying another way into Rossi to see whether they still have pins.

Will let you know how I go...

(cant have Tim crying on my shoulder all the time... )

I ran an OPS pin in my K67 this weekend just gone. They are 5.98mm diameter also.

I have a Rossi pin for my K90 (thanks Craig). Need one more for my K82 as they are the same bore as the K90.

My last Kalistratov pin failure (the newer type) took out piston / head / sleeve /rod, chipped the rotor housing and sent shrapnel into the bearings.

Curt,

I'm running the same boat / motor combination currently - would you mind sharing what pipe and prop are you running?

Tim.

The A-90 wrist pins are 1mm larger in diameter and are stepped one end. Wont fit! :ph34r:

Ian.
He lives!!!!!

I do know of one more Rossi 90 pin in existance but it is in an engine... A CMB ABC 90!!! with EVO rear plate...(yes it is a Rossi piston/liner...)

How about the OS 90 pin???

I have an OS 90 VR DF piston / liner at home (brand new) that I can measure up...

Why not? Could be another alternative. I've never heard of them breaking the pin - just the rods :lol:

Hi Don,

'til this moment, no! :( , but i have a lot of friends, modelboaters in Europe and all of them are searchin for me. My Italian friends ( Ale Oldini and others) are searching in Italy.

If i get some, for shure i let you know!

We'll see! :rolleyes:

Curt

Hi Don,

'til this moment, no! :( , but i have a lot of friends, modelboaters in Europe and all of them are searchin for me. My Italian friends ( Ale Oldini and others) are searching in Italy.

Curt
Curt Why not use OPS 90 wrist pin will fit or cut by lathe machine? any lucky?

Hi Don,

Curt
Curt Why not use OPS 90 wrist pin will fit or cut by lathe machine? any lucky?
The length can be changed if too long but the diameter must be exact. You cannot reduce diameter or you will ruin the hardening of the pin. It is also for the same reason you cannot fit a 6mm MAC84 pin as the K rod is hardened & boring the small end will have the same negative affect on the hardening. :ph34r:

Back