Ron Shaw @ Nova Rossi USA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Bullard

That Ron Shaw is a stand up guy. I had a piston fail on my Nova 46DD and thought it was just a fluke. So I ordered a new piston/sleeve. The way it comes is complete with piston, sleeve, wrist pin, C-clips, and rod. And the price was a $150.00. Not bad for all of that put together in a bag. As looking at another part I found why the piston failed. I and everyone else that saw it had never seen anything like it. So called Ron to talk to him. We talked it over and I gave him my thoughts on why it happened. Sent him pictures and he agreed to let Nova Rossi see this one. We think it was just a bad part that failed which you do not see out of Nova Rossi very much.

So Ron ask what he could do. We desided to spilt the repair. He sent me a new crankshaft and a set of bearings at no charge since I had already purchased the piston/sleeve.

Ran the boat yesterday and broke the new parts in. Motor came in real nice and the boat is in the trailer ready to go to Hobart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mark and John for your nice comments above. Hey, these are race engines with no warranty implied, but there are sometimes situations with a new design or a "run" of parts where something out of the ordinary happens. Thats when you have to step up and do whats right. Some of these repeat types of failure replacements are covered by Novarossi World, others will be covered by Novarossi Marine USA. We appreciate your business.....
default_smile.png

By the way, good luck at Hobart to both of you. Since that is typically CMB Country due to Stu Barr helping organize the race, I will give you two and others that are entered in that race a challenge. Anyone that wins a class at Hobart using a Novarossi engine, and agrees to send me a pic to post on the Novarossi USA and Novarossi World Facebook pages, will each get a free Novarossi World Hat, Novarossi Marine USA tshirt, and a $50 off coupon to use on their next purchase on the novarossi.us website............
default_smile.png

Back