Blazer Marine Sport 20 for Electric

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raydee

Has anyone tried running a Blazer sport 20 electric? I have one of his gas hulls and it moves like a rigger so I would love to try one of his 20 hulls with brushless electric.

i don't know of anyone personally who's run one, but i know that sport 20 hulls are becoming popular with some of the guys for P-sport hydro. the Phil Thomas 21 is a rocket on 12 cells and a good motor. i've seen snowman's PT21 go on a neu motor and the thing is scary fast. it's wierd for me to say that, since i'm a fan of Lehner motors! and btw...when i say "scary fast" that means it's just a little faster than "stoopid fast" :D

As available power continues to increase through the adoption of Li-chemistry, better motors and better ESCs, and powertrain weight drops as well, we will see more and more "nitro" hulls used as-is for electrics. In the past we all wanted "light layups" to keep the weight down, and we lived with fragile hulls. Soon we can use the thicker, more durable nitro hulls for FE without a performance penalty. The only problem we will see with nitro hulls is that they are not designed for the higher speeds that FE will see in a couple years.....

Hi Guys,

The Whiplash is an excellant boat for FE power. I'm working with Brian on some changes to the hull to make it more "FE" friendly. I belive you'll see one of the FE versions I built at the SAWs in LA this year. ;)

Paul.

Bill Fordham IMPBA District 1 (Northern Lights Model Boat Club) ran one this year in our club racing on 18 cells..."scary fast". Great hull, ran great...he did have some initial CG issues due to the design of the hull, but I look forward to seeing what mods Paul will suggest/make.

Steve Reesor

Back